What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: NEED advice FAST: HS Envoy  (Read 8314 times)

IonHeaven

NEED advice FAST: HS Envoy
« on: July 30, 2004, 11:57:59 am »
Hi,
I finally decided to go with the Marquis Reward at $7,095. I ruled out the HS Envoy because it was too expensive for us at $8,200.

The HS dealer just called to see how we were doing and I told him of our decision. He told me about the long term savings of the HS.

I cannot wet test the tub as there is no Envoy in the showroom. I did test the sovergn and loved it, but it was too small. I think the Envoy would feel even better than the Sovergn, right?

Please help fast..I need to decide by tomorrow.

THANKS everyone for seeing me through this far!

IonHeaven

Hot Tub Forum

NEED advice FAST: HS Envoy
« on: July 30, 2004, 11:57:59 am »

IonHeaven

Re: NEED advice FAST: HS Envoy
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 11:59:09 am »
Oh, I left out that the HS dealer dropped the price to $7,700.

THANKS for your guidance! Ionheaven

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 12:05:03 pm »
If he has a Vista, try it. The recliner is the same, and the "Captains Chair" is very similar to the two corner seats in the Vista.  I have been selling a fair number of Envoys - they seem to be like a Sovereign on Steroids.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 12:06:09 pm »
under 5min. now that<s fast.

Is there another dealer not too too far?.  If not, it may be verymuch worth your while to hold off a couple of days. That may not be possible given your tone of immediacy. But the last thing I would want is to have doubts after purchase.  If the urgency is based on the Marquis dealer giving you a time limit. call him up for an extension. I'm sure he would agree.

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 12:06:51 pm »
under 5min. now that<s fast.

Is there another dealer not too too far?.  If not, it may be verymuch worth your while to hold off a couple of days. That may not be possible given your tone of immediacy. But the last thing I would want is to have doubts after purchase.  If the urgency is based on the Marquis dealer giving you a time limit. call him up for an extension. I'm sure he would agree.

OOps Chas beat me to it. Hats off!

IonHeaven

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 12:22:26 pm »
I'm not sure yet how far I would have to go for a wet test. He does have a Vanguard but it's not filled.

BTW, the Marquis dealer said yesterday that the features like the spa frog and jump on cover will not be included after TODAY - the August 1st sale after which included the $200 cupon and package features end. Seems like alot of pressure. He implied these will cost extra on August 2nd. I planned to make the deal on the Marquid tomorrow, but the HS offer is enticing. What do you think?

BTW, any idea on the cost of a disconnect box? (The HS comes with one in the price).

THANKS for your speedy replies! Barbara

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004, 12:30:27 pm »
Don't be rushed into a fast decision.  With the money you are about to spend, does it really make that big of a difference for a couple hundred dollars here or there, vs being sure you have the spa that you like best?
Follow your gut, if it says to check out the HS, then do yourself a favor and do it.  
Or put it totally out of your mind and don't look back.

Brewman
Brewman

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2004, 01:33:58 pm »
I would say go with the Hs but then again I am biased since I have owned my HS Landmark for 1 1/2 years.  I can gaurantee you will be happy with the Envoy and HotSpring in general if you decide to got that route.  Good luck!!!

Chris_H

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2004, 01:37:32 pm »
IonHeaven:

There is a $605 dollar difference.  That is the equivalent of your husband not eating lunch for 61 days, and you not eating lunch for 60 days.  You will also save about $100 dollars or more on the sub-panel box that is included in the Hotspring.  With this savings that would then be the equivalent of your husband not eating lunch for 51 days and you not eating lunch for 50 days.

There is always a difference between the price of the spa and the cost of a spa.  Usually, Hotspring has a high price, but an extremely low cost.  This is one of the reasons why Hotspring is and has always been an industry leader.  

I unfortunately do not agree with Chas’ statement about the similarity of the Envoy and the Vista.  In my opinion, they feel completely different.  I have tried both.  Yes, I have no shame when it comes to wet-testing spas, and I sell them.  

Chris H.

IonHeaven

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2004, 10:41:47 pm »
For those of you interested in my continuing dealer saga, I called ahead and drove over an hour to go back to the HS dealer today. Last time I was there he did not have an Envoy or a Vista. This time he did have a Vista and it was filled!

Since I've been testing spas for a while now I had my towel and swimsuit in the car, so I asked the dealer if I could wet test the Vista thinking I could at least see how the lounge sized up for me since it seems about the same size as the Envoy, and check out the neck jets, which are one of my priorities. (BTW, on the phone he said I could wet test anytime).

Well he didn't seem fond of the idea, but he agreed. I couldn't understand why he was so hesitant. He knows I'm a serious buyer and very close to making a purchase. Anyway, I got in the tub and loved it. I was checking out the calf jets and the foot jets as well as the loung and neck jets. After about 5 minutes I asked about the different settings and how the diverts work and he started looking at his watch and after about 7 or so minutes he said, "last call". I looked at him astonished, got out of the tub and left.

It was not near closing. I know the amount of time I was in the tub because I was on a tight schedule for a school play. This made me feel really uneasy. Is 5 minutes a long time for a wet test? Other dealers seemed to appreciate me taking my time to really see everything the spa had to offer.

Buying a spa shouldn't be this difficult.

I keep trying to think mainly about what I like about each the Marquis and the HS, attempting to leave the negative impact of the dealers out of it, but am realizing that trust and comfort with the dealer is a big part of this decision.

At this point it totally isn't about the $600. Maybe HS is a better value for the money, I don't know. The HS guy said the Marquis only filters water from the top and the water that goes through the bottom only goes back through to the jets unfiltered. The marquis dealer made a big point of how the tub is filtered both ways?? How's a customer to know?

All I know is I could use some help.

BTW, the wet test was awesome. Really great on the neck and shoulders. I don't think the Envoy would be a dissapointment as far that goes.

The power was pushing me out of the seat... but I imagine you can control that?? (didn't get a chance to find out  ???)

My family loved the whirlpool in the Marquis.

My husband and I were planning to go make the purchase tomorrow. I think I need a vacation from all this.

Thanks for your continued help over the final hurdles,

Barbara

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2004, 11:01:48 pm »
You are going to have to tell us who this HS dealer is! I would like to have a little chat with him after you buy - no matter which tub you buy!  :o

I'm glad you got to try the Vista. Yes, you can moderate the jets. You can adjust the amount of air from each jet, and the diverters can select all the way on or all the way off - and anything in between - for a lot of the jets, tho they usually end up in the middle for most folks (every single jet in the tub running, less pressure).

This is ironic, because I have just spent the last two days tripping over the flex conduit running to the Soverign in our Ventura store. We had two couples who wanted to try it, so I pulled the power off the Siberian and filled the Sov. They both loved it - and the Siberian is only down to the upper 80's after sitting without power since Tuesday.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

IonHeaven

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2004, 12:42:22 am »
Chas, Did you time their soak and inform them of the 'last call'? Just kidding. If you remember my previous post, the Marqui guy wouldn't let me test the tub during store hours, but couldn't find time after hours either. It took 3 week before I could wet test. (Remember my original post about dealers not helping me buy a hot tub?) I loved the spa too though.  

Now, I'm going in with the money in my pocket at this point and things are no different.

Still undecided...IonHeaven

KevinH

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2004, 12:14:46 pm »
Wow,
Our HS dealer is very nice. Showed us how to operate the tub, then left us alone. No pressure!

He convinced me HS is the best (I believe they make a very top of the line product).

I would have bought HS, but it didn't fit me or my wife right.

IonHeaven

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2004, 12:56:12 am »
I'm just back from driving 2 hours each way to see the Envoy at one of the nicest dealerships I've been to yet! Only thing, they are not willing to fill the Envoy for me to test. Oh well, said it was alot of work because of the wiring or something. He only had a Sovergn to wet test.

Even though they are far away, they assure me that in the winter they will come in 24 hours and on the average other times of the year, 48 hours. I talked with their service guy, who was also great and extremely knowledgeable.  They matched the price of the other HS dealer's price (about 1.5 hrs. away) due to their no tax sale and by not charging me the extra 200 for the Pearl shell.

I finally felt like someone actually cared about my business. I sure would love to wet test the tub, but I have been in both a vista and a sovergn and loved them both.

Finally, customer service! One question though for all you dealers out there. Is it unusual to have a tub for wet testing not working perfectly? One of the diverters on the sovergn that I tested wasn't working correctly and the LED multicolored light wasn't working. Seemed wierd ???

Tomorrow I have to talk this all over with my husband. I think we're getting a better tub for a few more dollars, but I'm not sure how to help him see that. Any suggestions?

Thanks again everyone!

Spatopia is soon to become a reality ;D, IonHeaven

KevinH

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2004, 10:37:34 am »
One of the problems we had with the Soverign was adjusting the diverter.

When the pumps were running it was nearly impossible to change.

The HS guy said you needed to turn the pumps off, adjust, then turn the pumps back on. Doing this worked, but doesn't seem right. No problem with the other HS models.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2004, 10:37:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42