What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet Test Results: Jacuzzi - Sundance - Sweetwater  (Read 20820 times)

scout045

Re: Wet Test Results: Jacuzzi - Sundance - Sweetwa
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2004, 02:50:40 am »
What's with everybody and Sweetwater. So what if its not as perfect as the Optima. It's $2,000 less people. I  have a Bahia and really like it. My husband can hardly sit in the therapy chair on full power. I don't know how much power a person needs.  I thought a spa is supposed to be relaxing, not give a beating. The jacuzzi dealership in my area was absurdly overpriced.  The Optima is a gorgeous tub, and yes very tempting, but face it , we can't all afford the best and frankly I can't say I would want to spend  that much anyway, but that's me. The Bahia is a well made tub for the price. $5500 with everything, including upgraded Sundance micro-filter. And the turbo jet is Awesome! so there!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2004, 02:50:40 am »

Buckeye

• Jacuzzi J-365 Owner
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2004, 08:18:44 am »
Scout,

Glad you like your Sweetwater.  I agree with you on not wanting a tub that is going to blow you out of the seats.  However, I dismissed the Sweetwater because the particular tub I was in felt too weak to me. :'(  As I mentioned at the beginning of the thread, one of the Sweetwater's jets didn't spin properly because there wasn't enough water power coming through.  Something may have been wrong with that tub, but for another grand or so I wouldn't have to second guess myself.  Sounds like your tub functions just fine.

Buckeye

scout045

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2004, 01:13:50 pm »
Okay I did sound defensive,didn't I? LOL I believe you tried a Palermo; right? I have heard Bahia is much better. Probably because the Palermo is quite a bit bigger and uses the same amount of power. I think the Bahia is better designed. I also had a sticky jet.  We had some extras and changed it . Problem solved. It turns even on the lowest setting now. I do think they need to work on the larger spinning jets.  They seem to have problems sticking. I think I read that some one had this problem on a Sundance as well. Any way thanks  for your nice reply to my post.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2004, 04:33:51 pm »
Well look at the contol board on the spa,its a sweetwater and look at the others they are sundance even when you look at the circuit board it says sundance on the higher numbers of the jacuzzi line.
1 sundance
2 jacuzzi
3 sweetwater
4 blueridge

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2004, 06:39:16 pm »
JT--so if the LCD are all the same, the tub is the same? I am just saying thats a dumb comment to keep repeating that half the Jacuzzis are Sweetwaters and half the Jacuzzis are Sundance.  Like I said before, Jacuzzi-SW-SD all share some manufacturing points and parts but they are still Jacuzzis, Sweetwaters and Sundances.  They are each good tubs in their own right.  Let them be individuals!!  (I'm a parent of twins, I know how important this is!)

If I take my Sundance board out and put it in a HomeDepot tub, does that now make the HDepot tub a Sundance??  If so, I might order a few parts and start selling hot tubs outta my garage!  

scout045

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2004, 06:48:23 pm »
Amen, Calicoskies!!!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2004, 06:56:57 pm »
The tubs may be individuals, but they all live in the same house and have the same parents. There are bound to be similairities. All you have to do is look at the address on any ofd the brochures to see they are made in the same plant.
Homeworks Financing Representative

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2004, 08:47:21 pm »
Read the manual abit then speak
the Controllers on the sundance and the higher jacuzzis come with a LED Controller and the lower jacuzzis and sweetwaters come with that lame LED controller with not many features.
The J315-J345 comes with a few Sweetwater features
the J-355-J385 come with a few of the sundance features......
So why would someone want to pay $6000 plus for a sweetwater when you can get a better spa with the Jacuzzi.
Not saying the sweetwater is a bad spa but for your money you can get a good spa with the upper Jacuzzi's. and a 5 year Warrannty
All the jacuzzi's are the same but there are a few differances.Jt

UnderTheStars

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2004, 09:01:18 pm »
Wow, this has gotten way too deep for me!  But I think I have it all sorted out - Calicoskies needs to check the serial number on each of the twins, 'cause the one named tomahto might actually say tomato, and the one named tomato might say tomahto. . .that was it right?

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2004, 09:08:40 pm »
You can never be too sure lol

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2004, 09:32:13 pm »
I was trying to be lighthearted here, but I guess humor and sarcasm are lost in this thread.  

I have read the manuals.  I am just tired of hearing the Sweetwaters be put down saying that those people would have been smarter to buy a Jacuzzi.  Everyone wet tests, reads and researches and makes a decision based on their wants and budget.  Telling them that they should have gotten a Jacuzzi instead of a SW is not fair.  

I liked the Sweetwaters, they werent for me, but neither was Jacuzzi. Btw, my dealer offered to give me the identical warranty on the SW to match Sundance, for no charge.  He was also going to upgrade the filter to the Micro, no charge. That makes a pretty good tub for the buck IMO.  If the wet test fits.  

JT- Sundance Capri, Marin, Altamar, Cameo, Optima and Maxxus are LCD but the Caprio, Metro and Solo are LED, so whats your point there?  I just dont get it.  

And about the tubs being built in the same plants, well the Cadillac XLR and the Chevy Corvette are both made in the Bowling Green, KY plant...but what does that really mean?  Just cuz the parent company is GM or Jacuzzi, doesnt mean that all their products are the same.  I drive a Cadillac and I can tell ya, its not the same as my mom's Chevy Malibu.  

My sons are not named Tomahto and Tomato, they are named Pete and Repeat or Dumb and Dumber, depending on my mood.  And they dont have serial numbers, they have a height difference of 3/4" so we can tell them apart, so HA.  :)  

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2004, 09:47:58 pm »
I mean why should you have to upgrade the Filter system and the warrentty,Sweetwater should have that as standard.Only thing I am saying is that the lower end of the jacuzzi's have a few sweetwater parts and the upper part of the jacuzzis are sundance parts.....Now lets end this and enjoy our spas.......yea baby...Jt Lets take the needle and stick it in the vain to kill the pain lol.Jt

UnderTheStars

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2004, 09:50:03 pm »
Calico - I hope you did not think I was making fun of you or directing sarcasm your way.  That was not my intent and if it came across as such - I offer a very humble appology.

I completely agree with your earlier comments.   I assure you I was merely trying to add a little humor and lighten the mood (Mr. Thunder gets pretty intense over this "sundance/jacuzzi/sweetwater thing.")

So again, I appologize if anyone took offense.  That said, Calico, you totally cracked me up with:  "My sons are not named Tomahto and Tomato, they are named Pete and Repeat or Dumb and Dumber, depending on my mood.  And they dont have serial numbers, they have a height difference of 3/4" so we can tell them apart, so HA."  (I literally almost fell off the chair I laughed so hard.  Thanks!)

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2004, 09:59:01 pm »
well when i was shopping the Sundances were overpriced and the guy had his sweetwaters higher then the Jacuzzis at the other dealer.And tell me that sundance bought jacuzzi.The sweetwater looked ok but for a cheaper price i got a Jacuzzi.I don't get annoyed just don't want people to think they are getting a bargin when they buy a sweetwater.Unless its under $5500 lol....this freaking wine screwing up my typing...........JohnnyT

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2004, 11:34:14 pm »
Thanks for the info - Me and the Mrs. will be wet testing those (J-365/Optima and the Bahia) will try to get the Emerald or Opal by Artesian.  The only thing I can say is, "Boy, I wish these dealers were on my side of town!"

300 miles later.  Sheesh!!!!!, and then have to do it again for the wet test.  Yeah yeah, I know it will be worth it

I have to take back my post about dealer integrity,  The Sundance and Jacuzzi dealers exceeded my expectations.

The Sundance dealer offered me a Bahia with cover,lifter,steps,LED lighting/CD ozone, start-up and approx 4 months of supplies, stereo, delivery and installed plus a 1 year price guarantee for approx $6,700
if I put a 10% dep within 3 weeks. (Taxes not included)

She was willing to offer me an Optima for $7,600 as above minus the stereo.

I could defer delivery till July of next year with no change in price. This really appeals to me as I'm not ready for it yet.

Any opinions,
r100rs

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2004, 11:34:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42