What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wait or not wait  (Read 3257 times)

mikec

Wait or not wait
« on: January 04, 2017, 11:53:30 am »
Are hot tubs fragile and do they damage easily while moving them?

I'm in the Army and have 20 months until I retire.  I want a hot tub and wondering how hard they are to move since I will relocate after retirement.

I do not know where I will retire, so I don't know how far I will need to move it.  What I do know is I want a hot tub, but will wait if there is a risk of damage while moving it.

Thank you in advance for your advice,
Mike

Hot Tub Forum

Wait or not wait
« on: January 04, 2017, 11:53:30 am »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: Wait or not wait
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 12:43:46 pm »
New tubs tend to be very sturdy and can be moved with relative** ease in the first 5 years or so.  After that its all about the makeup of the base and cabinet, and how well said things were taken care of.  Even so- you should still be okay to have the tub moved.

**relative as in the unit is from a reputable major manufacturer, and isn't set in a difficult setting to remove.

Hope this helps.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 05:30:50 pm »
New tubs tend to be very sturdy and can be moved with relative** ease in the first 5 years or so.  After that its all about the makeup of the base and cabinet, and how well said things were taken care of.  Even so- you should still be okay to have the tub moved.

**relative as in the unit is from a reputable major manufacturer, and isn't set in a difficult setting to remove.

Hope this helps.

Also depends on the ability of the movers.
Retired

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 05:54:07 pm »

Hope this helps.

Also depends on the ability of the movers.

+1 (Good Catch)

GrayBeardCA

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 07:21:26 pm »
It depends on if you're doing a DITY move or letting the Army do it  8)
I hear that Dimension - One is Veteran owned.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 07:35:41 pm »

Dimension one is not veteran owned. How hard is the delivery?  If it's pretty easy then it should be fairly easy to move

GrayBeardCA

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 07:48:59 pm »

Dimension one is not veteran owned. How hard is the delivery?  If it's pretty easy then it should be fairly easy to move

My local D1 dealer (along with others) has a D1 veteran owned badge on their website. It also appears on buyveteran.com Is this no longer true?

http://www.buyveteran.com/listings/?search_keywords=Dimension+One&search_location=&search_categories%5B%5D=&use_search_radius=on&search_radius=50&search_lat=0&search_lng=0&search_region=&search_context=7

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 08:43:46 pm »

My local D1 dealer (along with others) has a D1 veteran owned badge on their website. It also appears on buyveteran.com Is this no longer true?

http://www.buyveteran.com/listings/?search_keywords=Dimension+One&search_location=&search_categories%5B%5D=&use_search_radius=on&search_radius=50&search_lat=0&search_lng=0&search_region=&search_context=7

It may have been a few years back but they were sold to the Apollo Group (jacuzzi, Sundance, thermospas) a few years ago. Before that they were owned by a guy in California. Maybe he was a veteran but I'm not sure about that

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 09:21:09 am »
The only thing of value I can add to this thread is that in 13 years, I've seen many posts that said, "It was working at the original site and after moving it, I have this problem........"
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 09:21:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42