What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How cold is too cold  (Read 6890 times)

dertl

How cold is too cold
« on: December 22, 2016, 03:15:35 pm »
How cold does it have to be outside temp to keep you from a good soak. I took a 30 minute soak the other night with -8 real temp. It wasn't bad at all. Just a good warm stocking cap. The following night we had -22 and I passed on that one. :P

Hot Tub Forum

How cold is too cold
« on: December 22, 2016, 03:15:35 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: How cold is too cold
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 06:37:23 pm »
How cold does it have to be outside temp to keep you from a good soak. I took a 30 minute soak the other night with -8 real temp. It wasn't bad at all. Just a good warm stocking cap. The following night we had -22 and I passed on that one. :P

I find the best to be around 20 to 30f and light snow. But have gone to about -20. The wind plays a big part when it gets much below freezing. 30 above with a wind can feel colder than 0 and calm. If you stay in long enough getting out is never an issue, getting in is. Big robes, outdoor rugs and towel warmers are nice here. And keeping a good path to the tub with all the snow cleared. Bring the rugs inside to thaw and dry.
Retired

JaxSAH

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 08:42:28 pm »
I think if the temperature gets below 30, it is too cold for me.  Thank goodness I don't experience many days like that.

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 08:08:12 pm »
i agree with T-man. 20-30 is optimal but once you drop below 10 degrees F it all seems the same to me with no wind. Been in at -17 real temp and -27 wild chill. Certainly much easier getting out than getting in at those temps. Key is to have close accessability to indoors. Happy tubbing. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 08:08:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42