What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Warranty Work on Sundances  (Read 4369 times)

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
Warranty Work on Sundances
« on: August 01, 2004, 06:33:57 pm »
Anybody have any figures as to how many times on average a technician has to work on a Sundance while in warranty?  

Times per year?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Warranty Work on Sundances
« on: August 01, 2004, 06:33:57 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Warranty Work on Sundances
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 11:04:11 pm »
Times per year?  What, do you think these things break down every few months or something?  We've had our spa over a year and so far have had 0 service calls.
Sheesh, buy a damn spa already.
I'm no spa repairman, and I don't play one on TV, but I'd guess that the average visit per year would be less than one.  

Brewman
Brewman

poolboy34

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 11:13:25 pm »
just buy a spa already >:(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

autoplay

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 01:34:54 am »
The D00D reminds me of the spa deceptionists apprentice lol.

Why not make the thread more viable,and ask "Anybody have any figures as to how many times on average a technician has to work on a Sundance,jacuzzi,hot-springs,caldera,beachcomber,marquis,D-1 etc etc while in warranty?"

Buy a spa and relax!

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 09:18:33 am »
You should expect a service call right after delivery.  If something was damaged during transit/installation or there was a problem on initial fill or in the electronics it should manifest itself that first week of ownership.

You should expect no service calls in the first year.

During the 2nd year you should not be surprised by a minor leak with a service call.

From the 3rd-4th year you should greatly expect a service call, especially if you have not had one before.

All optimas leak during their 5th year and you should expect 2 service calls in that year.

So even if you have terrible luck you should expect no more than 5 service calls during the 5 year warranty period.

Hope this helps!

-Ed

ps. I made all of that up.  Who on earth would have compiled such statistics that could in any way be mathematically significant to your optima ownership experience?

You will limit service calls through proper maintenance. Your dogged research on this indicates you will care for your spa just fine.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 09:36:40 am »
His dogged research is one of the reasons he hasn't bought anything yet.  
Brewman
Brewman

Ready2Buy1

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2004, 11:50:04 am »
We have yet to need any servicing (and hopefully won't for a very long time  ;D )...although our electrician did notice a loose hose clamp upon hookup, which he tightened and we have be happily tubbin' ever since...

My advice...

Dichlor....$15.00
LED Light...$150.00
Coverlifter....$225.00
THE SPA....$8000-$10,000
The feeling of knowing that THIS decision is finally over and you can finally enjoy the best investment you will ever make and forget about those extra dollars you spent agonizing over all of this...PRICELESS!!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2004, 11:53:16 am »
Dazed,
Don't rush into anything.  The new models will be coming out within 6 months! ::)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2004, 06:38:58 pm »
Dazed,
Don't rush into anything.  The new models will be coming out within 6 months! ::)

Why wait for the 2005 models when you just know the 2006's are just a year away!

naperguy12

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2004, 06:39:36 pm »
Dazed - Are you in permanent limbo???  Buy the dang spa already.  Geez...............

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2004, 10:48:33 pm »
Hey, play nice.  

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2004, 01:45:02 am »
"Anybody have any figures as to how many times on average a technician has to work on a Sundance while in warranty?

Times per year?

Thanks"

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dazed... please tell me how this question will help you in any way? I just don't get it and I think people are becoming , dazed and confused by these questions.

To be blunt, these are very low quality questions that serve no purpose to anyone including yourself. I know you are going to have a reason as to WHY you asked, but the truth is, any answer you get will be pointless. It's like asking how often a Ford needs service during warranty and make that buying decision based on that information.

If you would like real help...ask. Personally, I feel you are taking advantage of this site and the people who help others here. Before asking further questions, why don't you browse the 10's of thousands of previous posts for answers to almost every spa topic.  :-/

Steve
(here to help.... the people that truly want it)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 01:47:50 am by Steve »

Chris_H

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2004, 12:07:41 pm »
This thread made me go soak in my spa.    

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2004, 01:30:01 pm »
The vast majority of my customers have not had need to call for warranty repair work. However I do have a couple of customers that have invited gremlins to set up camp in their spas. Even these customers after their tub has been repaired under warranty will tell you, this tub is better than NO TUB. CRACK THE WALLET DNC.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2004, 01:30:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42