What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian filter cycle  (Read 5518 times)

mukster

Artesian filter cycle
« on: December 14, 2016, 12:51:12 pm »
Been lurking for a while now. First post. Just bought a South Seas Spa 735L (by Artesian) last week (wanted to go with a better brand but due to budget constraints had to go with a more entry-level one) with the Spa Frog in-line smartchlor system. Love it so far, but one thing is slightly confusing. The filter cycle can be set to 2, 4, or 8 hours, or continuous (displayed on the control panel as FIL2, FIL4, FIL8, and FILC). I have it set to FIL2, with the understanding that this means that the filter cycle runs for 2 hours at a time. I believe the filter cycles on this spa run twice a day, but could be wrong about that.

However, the spa definitely starts humming along as if it's running a filter cycle more often than twice a day. I've been going out to check on the spa every few hours during the day and it is running almost every time. I know that the filter cycle will run while the spa is heating, but the light on the control panel that indicates if it is actively heating is off almost every time I go out to check.

Are the filter cycle settings really "how often should the cycle run" as opposed to "how long should the cycle run for"? As in, by setting it to FIL2 am I really telling it to run a cycle every 2 hours? Wondering if anyone might be able to shed some light on this.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian filter cycle
« on: December 14, 2016, 12:51:12 pm »

Hottubprosne

Re: Artesian filter cycle
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 01:25:13 pm »
The tub will run twice a day for filtration. Filter 1 starts when you apply power and filter 2 12 hours from that point. The fl number stands for duration so fl4 would run for 4 hours 2 times a day fl 6 6 hours 2 times a day and so on. The tub will turn on every 30 minutes to sample the water temp then stay on and heat if it needs to. This is a common problem we have is every time you go outside you hear the tub running so you make a mental note that it sure is running a lot. But when your coming and going and the tub is not running you don't really notice. If you want it to filter at a specific time shut the breaker off at that time for 5 min turn the tub back on and that will start filter 1. so at 6 at night turn it off and on and it will run 6 at night and 6 in the morning for the (FL) duration you have it set at. Enjoy your tub!

mukster

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 08:20:14 pm »
Yep, ok, that all makes perfect sense. I'm probably just overthinking it. The past few times I've checked on it it hasn't been actively running. I think I'm just a paranoid new owner :-). Thanks for the info!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 01:00:36 pm »
Yep, ok, that all makes perfect sense. I'm probably just overthinking it. The past few times I've checked on it it hasn't been actively running. I think I'm just a paranoid new owner :-). Thanks for the info!

If you'd like to monitor the spa using true to life numbers you can always look at something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Efergy-Elite-Wireless-Electricity-Monitor/dp/B003XOXU02

That's the first one I pulled off Amazon, there are tons of different ones/price points but as you can see you can hook it up to your sub-panel and it will monitor the electrical output of the spa by itself

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 01:00:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42