What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis???  (Read 5050 times)

mooengeorge

Marquis???
« on: August 02, 2004, 02:42:55 pm »
Been looking for a Hot Tub longer than I have ever looked for a car.  It is amazing to me.  I like the people at that carries the sundance and Marquis liked one of the Marquis alot.  Was very unhappy at the dealer that sells Hot Springs and the Jacuzzi sales person just got on my last nerve.  I would hate to buy the wrong spa just because of that.  I was uncomfortable in the Hot Spring models I tried not that any of the ones I was interested in had water in them.  I sat in the Jacuzzi again no water.  the only model I had a true wet test in was the Marquis that I am still considering.  Wasn't thrilled with the configuration of the Sundance in the size we are looking at.   HELP is Marquis a good choice??????????

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis???
« on: August 02, 2004, 02:42:55 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Marquis???
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 02:54:24 pm »
Marquis is a fine choice, there are many to select from, as you found.  Any of the choices you listed would be great.  I think wet testing is important, so do what you can to get your dealer to fill up whaever tubs you are considering.  
Brewman
Brewman

mooengeorge

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 03:01:43 pm »
Thanks Brewman
  That was the problem I had with the Jacuzzi dealer this afternoon.  I am looking at a J315 or j325 and the Marquis Mirage was the one I feel in love with but it was so much more than the J315 I wanted to give the Jacuzzi another chance.  They keep trying to tell me that I can wet test in the J365 to see what the j315 feels like.  I am not buying it... pun intended is what I told him.

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 03:05:05 pm »
Marquis is an execellent choice, however you have not wet tested enough brands to make a final decision yet.

Regards, Zz

Oskar

• 2003 Marquis Reward
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 03:53:20 pm »
moonangeorge:

When I was shopping I was looking for a no lounger tub till I wet tested the Marqis Reward, I found the lounger in this tub I could sit sideways in it an it had a cool down seat in the center if you wanted to use it as such and there was a seat at the foot area with jets so you did not loose too much real estate as in some of the other tubs I wet tested. The Reward has six different sets of jets controlled by two diverting valves so different people can sit and get different massages if they want.

Just make sure whatever you buy, wet test and be sure your comfortable with it and it "fits" you.

Anyone on here will tell you that just because it looks good on paper doesn't mean that's what you should buy. ;D

Tubnerd

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 04:32:12 pm »
We just wet tested a Jacuzzi J-355 and a Marquis Euphoria (larger than what you are looking at) on Saturday.  The Jacuzzi had a completely different feel to me than the Marquis (or Hotsprings and Coleman which we also had tested).  I liked the Marquis better than my husband but we diverters could not be used without turning off the pumps and it was not as deep as the Jacuzzi.  I don't mind a few shallow seats for cool down but this model had several and the big guy didn't like those so much.  I also like the 24-hour filtration pump that the Jacuzzi has which the Marquis did not have.  I liked the feel of the jets but thinking of a more relaxing experience, we felt the Jacuzzi was the right choice for us.  We actually bought the J-375 and really like the lounger as it has a deep seat and more of a bench for the legs.  I was able to stay in it and like the idea of not wasting another corner.  They had the color we wanted in stock so when the deck is done--I will be soaking!!!  Good luck!

KennyG

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2004, 08:46:01 pm »
Hello

We've had our Marquis Euphoria for about a year now and haven't regretted the choice one bit. When we decided on getting a HT/Spa I hit the forums for a solid month before we went looking. Our first choice was a Jaccuzi J-340. It fit our budget and Jaccuzi was highly thought of and the warranty was pretty good.  

We were ready but the dealer wouldn't budge and didn't even throw in much. Then someone on this very forum mentioned Marquis and well the rest is history. We thought they offered the "total" package as far as warranty, build, quality and our dealer was excellent. No-one can "tell" you the best because each has their comfort zone. But I will say Marquis deserves a close look. Good Luck.

Kenny and Alice Jones
Nashville TN.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2004, 08:47:17 pm by KennyG »

IonHeaven

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2004, 09:08:33 pm »
I loved the Marquis Reward and am having a tough time swaying back and forth between the HS Envoy. Leaning toward the Envoy today mainly because of the dealer.

Why didn't you like the HS?

IonHeaven

Lucas

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2004, 09:46:18 pm »
I also was set on jacuzzi but decided to try one more shop with the marquis line.  It was by far a better built tub then any of the brands I looked at (IMO).  I wasn't to sure about the cool down seats, but now they are my favorite seats.  Get the marquis and feel good about a wise choice.

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 01:16:26 am »
I have a Marquis Euphoria for about nine weeks now. We are first timers in the world of spa's. We gatherd information and read everything we could find from brouchuers to website's and forums. We wet tested only the Marquis because the dealer was willing to work with us. HS  dealer was very brand combative and was a big turn off.  Master Spa, Leasure Bay, dealer was simply not going to fill a $10,000 spa for a wet test.

Sundance well I had a problem buying from a furnature store that also sold spa's.  Marquis was just great to work with. I am not willing to drive an hour or two to look at a spa. I want my dealer in my back yard basicly. When you need your water tested and you will from time to time. Do you want to drive 2 hours just to get help on your water quality. My dealer is 20 minuet away and is building a additional location only 7 minutes away.

It's the small stuff that makes things tough sometimes. I was having a PH problem. I brought in a water sample. Add this add that and everything was OK.
And the water test are free for life. I live in northern Wisconsin and my dealer offers 24/7 service in the winter. Marquis warrenty was the best I had seen. Basicly I like to compare  Marquis to a Volvo. Yes there may be a prettyer spa on the market like HS (nothing against Hot Springs)but I feel Maquis is more on quality and customer satisfaction than the flashy bells and whistles of other brands. As far as HS the dealer made HS loose the sale. HS was the first spa we looked at and the one we compared to. All in all I love my Marquis and I am glad I did business with the dealer that I did and the brand I purchased. I believe I have been obviouse in saying the dealer is just as improtant as the brand of your choice.

I learned this lesson in 2002 when I bought a brand new sport boat. I was smart in buying from a dealer on the lake. I had some warrenty issues that were all taken care of without any hassle. But if I had to take the boat out of the water trailer it over to the dealer. Bring it back to the lake and put it back in and to find out  the fix did not work the first time. Ect, Etc Etc,

Now I consider my self lucky again with my dealer and my Marquis.

Think about who you are doing business with.
This is just my opinion.

Have a Great Day

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2004, 02:06:13 am »
There are really several well made spas out there and each owner seems to naturally be biased to theirs....I own a Marquis and am very happy with it....I think they offer tremendous value....but many Beachcomber...Hot Springs...Sundance...etc owners  feel the same about their spas ....If you like the dealer and the spa than Marquis is as good a choice as you can make when put along side the other well built spas and those Manufactures and dealers who stand behind their product after it is sold.....

Oskar

• 2003 Marquis Reward
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2004, 09:39:32 am »
Tubnerd:

The Marquis you tested was probably an 03 model, the diverting valves had a recall but it seems that some of the dealers never bothered to read the notification, mine included, it was the factory rep that told me after one of the handles broke off, they sent me two valves overnight to replace them, when I called my dealer they said they knew nothing about it but the rep. had told them to order two for me and any for 03 models they had left over. This only applies to 03 two  pump models.
Your dealer lost a sale and you missed out on a great tub. ::)

IonHeaven

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2004, 09:49:01 am »
I am leaning toward the HS since the Marquis dealer has worn me down with his sale ends today tactics. I have so much pressure and tension in my life it really irritated me that buying a spa was causing more, though I did love the spa. For the same money I am not considering a HS. The HS dealer is 2 hrs. away, but somehow I feel more at ease about the purchase. No pressure, take your time, whatever you want... However, what will I do about testing the water ??? You're right, that's too far of a drive.

I am so tired of this process...they've worn me out. I haven't wet tested the Envoy I'm interested in either (just the Vista and Sovergn- loved them both) but don't have the effort left in me to persue it. I just want to order a tub and hibernate until the day that it arrives!

IonHeaven

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2004, 09:49:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42