What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: new to forum with a couple of questions  (Read 2748 times)

northeast

new to forum with a couple of questions
« on: December 04, 2016, 09:13:10 pm »
Hello all My name is Mike and my wife and I are looking at tubs our first . we live in the north east as my screen name indicates to be exact we live on the NH line in north central mass . We have been looking at Saratoga spas and in particular the R45 it has a lounger and 2 other real stations but is listed as a 4 to 5 person . it will just be the 2 of us NO entertaining primarily used for therapeutic massage relaxing . I have had 2 back surgeries . the tub we are looking the R45 is priced at 6500 with cover , stairs and cover lift  my questions are as follows ...
is this company a good manufacture of tubs ?

what is realistic winter power consumption for winter months ?  ( tub has full foam insulation )

for the price are there better tubs ..

keep in mind we know nothing on who is who in the tub world so any and all info will be greatly appreciated   

Hot Tub Forum

new to forum with a couple of questions
« on: December 04, 2016, 09:13:10 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: new to forum with a couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 12:22:29 am »
 Average would say 15 to 20 a month depending on what kind of a temp you are keeping it at.   Circ pump maybe a little less, but not a lot.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 12:47:42 am »
Hello all My name is Mike and my wife and I are looking at tubs our first . we live in the north east as my screen name indicates to be exact we live on the NH line in north central mass . We have been looking at Saratoga spas and in particular the R45 it has a lounger and 2 other real stations but is listed as a 4 to 5 person . it will just be the 2 of us NO entertaining primarily used for therapeutic massage relaxing . I have had 2 back surgeries . the tub we are looking the R45 is priced at 6500 with cover , stairs and cover lift  my questions are as follows ...
is this company a good manufacture of tubs ?

what is realistic winter power consumption for winter months ?  ( tub has full foam insulation )

for the price are there better tubs ..

keep in mind we know nothing on who is who in the tub world so any and all info will be greatly appreciated

Saratoga isn't a name many people know about outside of the northeast. They make a good tub though. They use geico equipment. The SE is there "value" line. It doesn't have as many bells and whistles such as no circulation pump. The warranty I believe is less as well. Overall it's a good tub with decent power. You mentioned full foam insulation. On the SE models that is a option. So make sure the dealer you are purchasing from is including that in the price. Have you compared it to any other spas?  Where you are there is a marquis/caldera dealer close by to you. Might be worth checking them out to compare prices and apples to apples quotes to make sure you are getting the best bang for your buck. Good luck in your search.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 06:56:21 am »

Realistically 40-60 per month in the coldest of months. 20-30 on average.

Retired

northeast

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 09:40:06 am »
Hottubguy, as I am told the company dropped the Adirondack line and the cottage is their bottom of the line tubs so as I am told it is the cottage then the special edition and the luxury line and the SE and Lux lines have limited within them and the r45 we are looking at is a limited . the dealer orders them all with full insulation because of where we are . he said what is the sense  of ordering one with less than the best insulation in this part of the country . ( made sense to me ) he is throwing in a 4 inch cover ,stairs and a lift .price he quoted is 6299 delivered and set where we want with tutorial and start up chemicals . supposed retail is over 10k

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 09:40:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42