What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Am I getting  a good deal/Tiger River???  (Read 4228 times)

brenrn

• Go Vols!!!!
Am I getting  a good deal/Tiger River???
« on: July 18, 2004, 09:12:38 pm »
Hey all!  I've been reading through some of the posts and it looks like I see lots of positive things regarding Tiger River Spas...which was actually my first question!  We at the dealer yesterday and they had a 2003 Caspian on sale for $7000 this includes ozone, cover cradle, and chemicals.  We were originally going to go with the Hot Springs Grandee or Vanguard but changed our minds when we saw the price on the Caspian.  What do you all think?  Is this a good deal??? ???

Hot Tub Forum

Am I getting  a good deal/Tiger River???
« on: July 18, 2004, 09:12:38 pm »

scout045

Re: Am I getting  a good deal/Tiger River???
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 10:29:58 pm »
I never got a quote on the Caspian, but I got a quote on a Bengal and it was$5000.00 with everything.  if you like that footdome plan and you want a nice tub for a reasonable price, consider a Sweetwater Bahia if you have a Sundance dealer in your area.  It's very comparable in size and it has four actual corners to sit in because the filter doesn't take up a corner. The foot dome in the center is awesome.  It has a turbo jet  in the middle as well as the smaller jets.  Ours was a great deal for 5500.00 including cover, steps, lifter, LED colored light, and start up chemicals.  Our dealer threw in a bunch of extra spinning jets that we can interchange with the stationary jets if we want to. But if your stuck on a Tiger River.  At least you can ask how much their Bengal is to compare with the price I got.

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 10:52:12 pm »
WE  JUST PURCHASED A FLOOR MODEL TIGER RIVER 2004 CASPIAN ON SATURDAY IN MICHIGAN.  WE PAID $7100, CHEMICALS, DELIVERY, NO STEPS OR COVER LIFT. (INCLUDES 6% SALES TAX)  I HAVE LOOKED AT MANY TUBS INCLUDING THE SWEETWATER BAHIA WHICH WOULD OF BEEN MY 2ND CHOICE BUT FELT THE TIGER RIVER WAS MUCH BETTER INSULATED AND BETTER WARRANITY.  GETS REAL COLD IN WINTERS HERE.  WHEN WE WERE OFFERED THIS PRICE FOR A FLOOR MODEL WE TOOK IT RIGHT AWAY . I ALSO HAVE READ GOOD THINGS ABOUT TIGER RIVR SPAS. ;)-- LYNNETTE  

spayogi

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 11:37:33 pm »
On Saturday we purchased a TR Bengal for $5500 including cover, lifter, steps, chemicals, and delivery. This is in South Florida. We wet tested the Siberian which dealer said was about $7500. Hope this helps. Hot Springs/Tiger River spas are the best and blow away Sweetwater. Forget about the money. If you like it, BUY it!

scout045

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 02:35:16 am »
I dont believe Brenrn should forget about the money. I think its an important decision.  Otherwise when I bought my Bahia (which I love by the way) I would have bought an Optima.  It just wasn't in our budget. I knew we wanted one with a foot dome but the Bahia was 2000 dollars cheaper.  The Optima is a beautiful tub, but I believe i made a good decision. No guilty feelings about spending too much money.  Anyway everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Good luck with the caspian if you get it.

Constance

• I love my Bahia
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 10:42:35 pm »
Does you Bahia's outside scratch easily?  I saw my friend's, and was so disappointed with the finish.  They do not even have children.

scout045

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 02:55:19 am »
No, I can't imagine how the outside gets scratched. I'm sure you can scratch anything if you abuse it.  My siding seems care free. I just wipe it off with a towel now and then.

brenrn

• Go Vols!!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2004, 04:46:39 pm »
WE  JUST PURCHASED A FLOOR MODEL TIGER RIVER 2004 CASPIAN ON SATURDAY IN MICHIGAN.  WE PAID $7100, CHEMICALS, DELIVERY, NO STEPS OR COVER LIFT. (INCLUDES 6% SALES TAX)  LYNNETTE  [/quote]

Lynnette,
The Caspian that you purchased, did it have the stereo system in it?  The one we were quoted the $7000 on has the stereo.  I actually could care less about the stereo but I just wanted to make sure I'm comparing comparable tubs.  Thanks!
Brenda

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 07:29:08 am »
BRENDA -- THE CASPIAN WE PURCHASED IS A 2004 FLOOR MODEL -- THE 2004 DOES NOT COME WITH THE STEREO, THE DIFFERENCE IT HAS 2  JET PUMPS YOURS HAS 1 **WAVEMASTER 9000 (2.5 HP CONTINUOUS DUTY, 4.3 HP BREAKDOWN TORQUE)** MINE HAS 2 PUMPS ---WAVEMASTER 8000 (2.0 HP CONTINUOUS DUTY, 3.9 HP BREAKDOWN TORQUE). CHAD THE SALESMAN THAT SOLD US THE SPA SAID THE JETS ARE MORE POWERFUL AND I AM SURE IT WILL US MORE ELECTRICY THAN YOURS. I HAVE BOTH 2003 AND 2004 TIGER RIVER BOOKLETS, FEW OTHER MINOR CHANGES BUT AMOUNT OF JET THE SAME.  WE ARE GETTING EXCITED IT WILL BE DELIVERED NEXT THURSDAY BUT PROBABLY WON'T HAVE 220 RUN YET BUT WANTED TO GET GAZABO UP AROUND IT FIRST.  GOOD LUCK I REALLY LIKE THE CASPIAN AND DID A LOT OF RESEARCH ON HOT TUBS.   LYNNETTE

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 07:29:53 am »
Just wondering did you buy your hot tub yet ?? My caspian was delivered thursday, it was not a floor model it was brand new still in package which we were very happy about.  We hooked up electric Saturday and was able to get in it Sunday morning. We are very happy with it and lot of room in it.  It is a litte to warm in Michigan right now to really enjoy it but supose to cool down this weekend.  Good luck.  Lynnette  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 07:29:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42