What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LED lights in jets  (Read 2598 times)

Skysurfer2010

LED lights in jets
« on: November 27, 2016, 05:55:12 pm »
So one of the options that I really like are the LED lights in the Jets on the bullfrog X series. I haven't asked about the price yet but if it's reasonable it's an option I want. Does anyone have experience with these? I'm wondering if they're reliable. I'd hate to spend my money on them only to find they last a year or two (like the audio systems from what I've read).

Hot Tub Forum

LED lights in jets
« on: November 27, 2016, 05:55:12 pm »

imjustdave

Re: LED lights in jets
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 09:00:25 pm »
I'm on week 2 now of the R line, It has one light at the front at night there isn't much light besides that one lght more would be ok but not a deal breaker for me.  One thing I didn't know about is the lights cycle around like 20 different modes and colors... honestly its trying to hard and if the entire tub was like that i might really hate it.  So are they cool sure im sure but not like a deal breaker for me, but having hot water and jets warming you up is the best part, and most important to me.

I'm not positive but the front cover comes off and that LED just pulls out so I expect the tub has a sealed clear lense with the led plugged in from the back and you could easily change it when needed. how long it will last no idea.

Skysurfer2010

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 10:30:04 pm »
Thanks but the lights on the X series are different. And the lights I'm curious about are an optional upgrade. They are backlighting in the actual jets.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 01:33:16 pm »
A couple of things:  to imjust dave, there are different settings for the light.  You can have it stay on one single color.  The owner's manual will describe this to you.

For Skysurfer, you are correct that the x series has different lights.  I would not get the ones behind the jets.  The standard light configuration is great.  When you put lights in the jets, and someone is sitting in front of the jets, you block the lights.  It's also way overpriced for the upgrade.  Stick with standard.

Skysurfer2010

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 02:09:00 pm »
I actually didn't think of that. Great advice, thank you. I wasn't sure how much it was and wasn't willing to pay a ton for it anyway.

Skysurfer2010

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 11:52:08 pm »
The price was $300 for the LED backlit jets which i thought was reasonable. However, my dealer called Bullfrog for me since I had a questin about the control. You can't control them independantly from the other lights so that was a deal breaker for me. I don't think I'd want them lighting up my tub like Vegas any time I want any ambiant lighting.

I passed on the lighting. Thanks for the insight!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 11:52:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42