What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Care question  (Read 2782 times)

Skysurfer2010

Care question
« on: November 27, 2016, 12:56:23 am »
So after shopping around and finding a really killer (what I think is) deal today on a Bullfrog x7 I realized tonight I don't know much about the care.

I'm an airline pilot so I typically leave home on day one of a work trip and return on day 4. So that leaves me away from home every week with nobody to take care of the tub for a solid 2 days. Based on this info is there anything that I need to know that might be different from people who are typically home daily to take care of their tub? Is one chemical a better choice over another?

Thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Care question
« on: November 27, 2016, 12:56:23 am »

Beck0101

Re: Care question
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 07:39:29 am »
Depending on where you buy your tub you will potentially have the choice to go with a free "spa frog" kit when you buy it.  This is a bromine floater setup.  I've got a neighbor that uses the spa frog in his Bullfrog and he shocks once a week, changes his spa frog cartridges once a month +/- and does very little else.  If he has 4 adults in for an evening he'll throw a little dichlor in afterwards but that's about it.

I think you'd be perfectly fine using a bromine floater with your schedule...

Skysurfer2010

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 09:56:12 am »
Thanks I appreciate the info!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 11:22:49 am »
Does your dealer offer an optional Salt System? You are the perfect candidate for one since you travel so much...We have a lot of cabin dwellers not far from one of our main stores and they love the salt system simply because they simply turn it down when they are away for the week but will always return to clear water without the hassle of finding someone to maintain it....we sell the Blu Fusion system and our customer feedback is off the charts positive, here is a link: http://bluwatertechnology.com/

Sam

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 12:46:15 pm »
Does your dealer offer an optional Salt System? You are the perfect candidate for one since you travel so much...We have a lot of cabin dwellers not far from one of our main stores and they love the salt system simply because they simply turn it down when they are away for the week but will always return to clear water without the hassle of finding someone to maintain it....we sell the Blu Fusion system and our customer feedback is off the charts positive, here is a link: http://bluwatertechnology.com/

Don't you find that the salt systems cause extensive corrosion and other issues?  Imo, the benefits of salt do not outweigh the negatives.  There are other programs that allow users to be away for weeks, even a month without having to add any treatment, and they don't have the negatives associated with salt.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 12:46:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42