What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Price History for SD Cameo/Optima  (Read 9386 times)

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
Price History for SD Cameo/Optima
« on: July 23, 2004, 09:49:54 am »
OK.  To much surprise of some on this forum, I am about to stop talking and buckle down and purchase a spa!  Can you believe it?

Anyway,  if you recently bought a SD Cameo or Optima (both of these spas are priced the same by dealers), can you please tell me (if you dont mind) your total cost, options bought (stairs, ozone, lifter, etc -- delivery is an option), and your tax rate?  I am sorry if I am repeating myself with this post.  I am finally putting together a price history so I know where I roughly stand when I go in to my dealer.

If you do not want to post publicly, please PM me.

Thanks!

D/C

Hot Tub Forum

Price History for SD Cameo/Optima
« on: July 23, 2004, 09:49:54 am »

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Price History for SD Cameo/Optima
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 10:15:57 am »
Haven't you already been quoted prices? Maybe you abd needaspa(and a clue) can buy your spas at the same time and get an even better deal. Seriously, just buy the spa already.

sobe

• Sundance optima owner
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 12:48:22 pm »
There have been multiple posts regarding prices, I have mine on order and my total cost on the optima with stereo,optional remote that controls spa and radio, wood steps,cover lifter, sunglow lights, ozone etc is $9635 delivered and setup with extra filters and chemicals.
Just go for it and start enjoying the tub, what is a few extra bucks in the long run. Life is short start enjoying now.

Netnutty

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 01:11:31 pm »
Hi Dazed,

I have ordered a Cameo from a dealer in S. CA.

I paid $7995.00 not including tax.

Included (as I recall):

Sundance cameo
Steps
SunGlow Multicolor Light
CD Ozone  
MicroClean Filter  
Drink Tray  
SunScents  
Startup kit
Upgraded cover
Cover Lift (Covermate III)
Standard delivery (I will have to pay $250 for a crane as it turns out.

I've been reading this board for two months and spent some time searching the archives so I know the range people have been paying.

I might have worked the price more, but I thought it was a fair price and I was tired of hitting all the dealers and looking at spas. I wanted a spa NOW! :)

As has been said in here before and I believe it, once I'm in the tub soaking I'm not going to worry about the price.

Goodluck. Sometimes it's hard to pull the trigger, but I suggest you find the spa you like, get a fair deal, buy it, AND GET IN THE DANG THING! :D

scout045

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 01:40:12 pm »
We were quoted $7299.00 which included: Steps, cover, soft bubble cover, cover lift, start-up chems, LED light, GFCI box, and delivery. We have a no nonsense dealer that has been in the pool and spa business for around 25 years. That was both for the Cameo or Optima . From what I've seen our dealer has some of the best prices around.

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 02:09:44 pm »
Thanks Scout!

That sounds like a terrific price.  Can you tell me what city/state you live in?  Dealer name?

Thanks!

scout045

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 03:45:23 pm »
Washington state.  Sorry I'm new at this and don't feel real comfy giving out too much info

autoplay

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 03:56:10 pm »
Probably the best policy Scout.  The Kool-Aid pusher of spas will use almost any means possible to promote his web of deception.

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 04:16:21 pm »
Thanks Scott!  I understand.  By chance, can you tell me the dealers name then?

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2004, 04:26:56 pm »
Scott, how about just the dealer's phone #,  home address and credit card number then?
e

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2004, 04:32:30 pm »
Relax Empol!

What's wrong with price research?  If you knew how many SD dealers I have spoken with and the price fluctuations I have been given, you will be amazed!  

D/C

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2004, 04:37:38 pm »
Just how many Sundance Dealers do you have in your vacinity?  We've only got one within reasonable distance of our place!  
Good luck on your spa purchase, hope you don't drive the poor SD salesman too crazy. ;)

PS
I won't tell you how much I paid for my spa, but I will happily tell you that the sales tax in our state is 6.5%, and that it applies to spas.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 04:50:49 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

Chris_H

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2004, 05:09:22 pm »
Brewman:
I laughed out loud at your last post.
Chris H

scout045

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2004, 05:10:21 pm »
I think you should try to work with the dealer in your area. If they are outragious, then perhaps you should consider another dealer even if you have to travel a bit or another brand of spa.  There are a lot of great ones out there.  My Jacuzzi dealer was unreasonable so I moved on. Me being a Novice and never having owned a spa before, i thought all the major names have there good points. I hope you take the plunge soon.

zzaphod42

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2004, 05:12:42 pm »
Just how many Sundance Dealers do you have in your vacinity?  We've only got one within reasonable distance of our place!  
 Good luck on your spa purchase, hope you don't drive the poor SD salesman too crazy. ;)

I know that it is fairly standard policy to do something nice for a customer to say thanks for purchasing - thank-you card, bottle of wine, gift certificate etc...but in your case D&C you may want to consider getting something for your dealer! Wine, beer, coffee, homemade cookies, stress management, take your pick. ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, it would probably go a very long way to remove any animosity on their part and make any further experiences with them a lot more enjoyable.

Joe

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2004, 05:12:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42