What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Older Hotspring spa troubleshooting  (Read 2546 times)

zbeutler

Older Hotspring spa troubleshooting
« on: November 06, 2016, 03:45:32 pm »
I am in need of some help, I received a Vanguard Hotspring spa from my mother and it is around a 2004 ish model. I plugged it all in and running and noticed the heater had a crack in the cap. So I ended up getting a new watkins no fault heater, and I installed it and now it isn't circulating water. I replaced the circulation pump and still no luck. I am somewhat handy and I cannot figure this out. It turns on and you here some type of water circulation but then the high limit sensor shuts it down and I get a blinking red light. There are not burn marks on the back of the circuit boards and everything appears to be connected properly. When I first got it I filled it up and the hot tub was heating and the jets/pumps were working, once I noticed the cracked cap on the heater I drained it and ordered a new heater which took 3 weeks to come in, now with everything hooked up I am not getting anything to work. Really looking for some help since I have already spent close to $500 on parts..... :(

Hot Tub Forum

Older Hotspring spa troubleshooting
« on: November 06, 2016, 03:45:32 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Older Hotspring spa troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 05:31:41 pm »
did you fill it within the last couple days? could it be something as simple as an air lock in the 3/4" line that feeds the circulation pump? when filling a Hot Spring you should always place the hose inside of the filter compartment to help avoid an air lock...I would start there since you said everything was working before you drained & refilled it after installing the heater.

zbeutler

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 09:13:07 am »
Yes I did that and also tried removing the tubing and letting some of the air out as a trouble shoot after it would not circulate when I filled it up.

Spiderman

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 11:29:33 am »
Sometimes you have to reset the breaker in the subpanel several times (3-5 times) to burp the air out. 
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 11:29:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42