What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Signature Spa  (Read 5858 times)

Ratchet1964

Signature Spa
« on: November 20, 2016, 09:06:20 pm »
I'm looking at buying a Signature spa hot tub, but concerned because I'm buying from a dealer 3.5 driving hours away...worried about service issues....anybody have any problems with their Signature spa?  Reason for this particular spa: it's the only one I've found which is a 2-3 person spa with 2 loungers.

Hot Tub Forum

Signature Spa
« on: November 20, 2016, 09:06:20 pm »

d00nut

Re: Signature Spa
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 11:12:30 am »
I'm fairly certain the pros will join me in telling you to stay away.  Signature is another brand that comes out of that Tennessee factory that will inevitability go away and come back as another brand in a couple years.  The quality is poor to say the least, the manufacturer is not financially stable and a dealer 3.5 hours away plus the other two factors... eh, definitely stay away!

Have you test soaked in any of the small spas you are looking at?  Even though their aren't two loungers in the following models, I can personally attest to the comfort of each:

• Hot Spring Jetsetter/Jetsetter NXT
  • Bullfrog X5L/R5L/A5L
  • Jacuzzi J-315 / J-415
  • Caldera Kauai
  • Sundance Capri

I haven't personally sat in a Marquis hot tub, but from what I hear, if I ever change brands, I'm guessing it would be to Marquis.  So maybe you should check those out too

Sam

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 02:26:24 pm »
Yeah, signature are garbage spas from a garbage company.  Bad idea.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 03:50:55 pm »
Have nothing to add other then I agree with what the other 2 posters said. The tubs d00nut recommended are all good choices as are the Marquis v65l or the Marquis spirit.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 03:55:45 pm »
I'm fairly certain the pros will join me in telling you to stay away.  Signature is another brand that comes out of that Tennessee factory that will inevitability go away and come back as another brand in a couple years.  The quality is poor to say the least, the manufacturer is not financially stable and a dealer 3.5 hours away plus the other two factors... eh, definitely stay away!

Have you test soaked in any of the small spas you are looking at?  Even though their aren't two loungers in the following models, I can personally attest to the comfort of each:

• Hot Spring Jetsetter/Jetsetter NXT
  • Bullfrog X5L/R5L/A5L
  • Jacuzzi J-315 / J-415
  • Caldera Kauai
  • Sundance Capri

I haven't personally sat in a Marquis hot tub, but from what I hear, if I ever change brands, I'm guessing it would be to Marquis.  So maybe you should check those out too

We sold a few until we picked up Nordic, to be fair I wouldn't say the quality is poor, we do have some in the field and haven't really encountered any service issues...however your comment on the company itself is spot on, don't expect ANY type of prompt service out of the manufacturer itself which directly relates to how fast you would have a warranty issue resolved as a customer.  These are the same tubs re-branded 'Dr. Wellness' not sure if that is a nationwide brand but its the same stuff....bottom line you get what you pay for in this industry just like everything else in life so I agree with d00nut, look at a X5L/R5L/Jetsetter as a good quality alternative.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 11:33:59 am »
Catalina Spas just got bought by Signature Spas.  I carry their swim spas.  So Signature is less that stellar with dealer support?  IF that is true that is pretty discouraging.

I have seen their website (and the Dr. Wellness website) and its rather embarrassing.  I cannot fathom a company with that sort of product line and the cash associated with it and to have such a Micky Mouse 1990's website.  Its deflating and does not inspire confidence.

To hear that Signature Spas does not have a good reputation with their dealers is potentially a deal-breaker.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 01:28:15 pm »
Catalina Spas just got bought by Signature Spas.  I carry their swim spas.  So Signature is less that stellar with dealer support?  IF that is true that is pretty discouraging.

I have seen their website (and the Dr. Wellness website) and its rather embarrassing.  I cannot fathom a company with that sort of product line and the cash associated with it and to have such a Micky Mouse 1990's website.  Its deflating and does not inspire confidence.

To hear that Signature Spas does not have a good reputation with their dealers is potentially a deal-breaker.

Put it this way, I'm still waiting for 2 warranty replacement covers from JULY...again, the product is what it is, and that is one of the lowest cost acrylic spas/swim spas on the market but there's no way I would personally order swim spas from them, too much of a risk for me, a cover is one thing but If a swim spa shows up with a shell blem or worst case a truck driver over-tightens a strap and cracks a shell I know it will be a gigantic PAIN to work through the replacement process, also they don't offer any terms, as a business that isn't ideal of course.  We brought in the Aquex line from Dynasty and have had good success with them, especially their 13' swim & play model which has been a very nice seller for us...Good Luck!

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 01:34:10 pm »
Ugh.   That sounds terrible. 

My company has carried Catalina Swim Spas and Hot Tubs for over 22 years and now Signature Spas owns them so we don't know what to expect. 

Looks like I may need to find a new swim spa line b/c I wouldn't touch Signature Spas swim spas line and if this company is as good as their website, I have to assume they are just tragic.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 01:41:16 pm »
Ugh.   That sounds terrible. 

My company has carried Catalina Swim Spas and Hot Tubs for over 22 years and now Signature Spas owns them so we don't know what to expect. 

Looks like I may need to find a new swim spa line b/c I wouldn't touch Signature Spas swim spas line and if this company is as good as their website, I have to assume they are just tragic.

Ya I've never seen one of their swim spas in person, we really only carried 2 of their smaller/basic spa models as 'loss leaders' up until we just resigned with Nordic as a good cheaper alternative.  My guess is they will "sell" you on the fact they just moved into a brand new facility with new equipment, quicker production times, more staff, etc etc which is just fine and dandy but if that still equals a sub-par dealer/customer relationship then I'm sorry but I'm still not buying what you're selling...just my .02 use your own discretion of course

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 01:41:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42