What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: L.A. spa vs Hot Springs  (Read 4860 times)

newtohottubs

L.A. spa vs Hot Springs
« on: November 21, 2016, 02:35:14 pm »
Hey everyone, my wife and I are new to the hot tub world and would appreciate your help in making our purchase. We're looking at the L.A. Spa Oasis and the Hot Springs Limelight Flair. Both are coming in at about the same price however the L.A. Spa seems to have better specs (more jets, more pumps, apparently better insulation and therefore very efficient). Does anyone have an opinion on either model?
I can't seem to find much information on L.A. Spas on this forum, so if anyone can speak to their value, I'd really appreciate it!!!

Hot Tub Forum

L.A. spa vs Hot Springs
« on: November 21, 2016, 02:35:14 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: L.A. spa vs Hot Springs
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 03:49:19 pm »
Hey everyone, my wife and I are new to the hot tub world and would appreciate your help in making our purchase. We're looking at the L.A. Spa Oasis and the Hot Springs Limelight Flair. Both are coming in at about the same price however the L.A. Spa seems to have better specs (more jets, more pumps, apparently better insulation and therefore very efficient). Does anyone have an opinion on either model?
I can't seem to find much information on L.A. Spas on this forum, so if anyone can speak to their value, I'd really appreciate it!!!

Who says they are more energy efficient?  I'm not a hot springs dealer but I will give them there due as far as insulation. They are probably the most energy efficient tub on the market. Others are close but I wouldn't our LA Spas in that same conversation. LA just got bought by Maax not long ago so I'm not sure if they are taking the Maax approach as far as insulation of staying the way they were before. Nothing wrong with LA but they don't belong in the same conversation as hit springs on energy efficiency and overall quality. They are a decent middle of the road tub that should be priced accordingly

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 04:01:54 pm »

Who says they are more energy efficient?  I'm not a hot springs dealer but I will give them there due as far as insulation. They are probably the most energy efficient tub on the market. Others are close but I wouldn't our LA Spas in that same conversation. LA just got bought by Maax not long ago so I'm not sure if they are taking the Maax approach as far as insulation of staying the way they were before. Nothing wrong with LA but they don't belong in the same conversation as hit springs on energy efficiency and overall quality. They are a decent middle of the road tub that should be priced accordingly

The Highlife Collection, yes....Limelight, on par with anyone offering a "typical" full foam...they are insulated much differently

newtohottubs

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 05:44:13 pm »
Thank you for the answers. If I may ask, what makes a L.A. Spa simply middle of the road compared to a Hot Springs?

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 12:27:04 pm »
I believe that L.A. is now made like a Maax, at least that is what my secret shopper told me and what I gather from the website.

There is not just one thing that makes a Hot Springs superior, it is many.  The insulation and energy efficiency, the quality of the components, the quality of support Waktins provides their dealers compared to what Maax provides, the amount of money spent on R&D and the expected longevity due to the quality of components.

I was an L.A dealer for two years prior to them being acquired by Maax and FWIW I now carry Marquis.  The things I liked about L.A. at time was that their layouts were comfortable, were insulated pretty well considering the price, had what I thought was a good filtration, and were priced pretty well ( I only sold the Adventure Hot Tubs).  What I disliked was that the Gecko electronics were not the most reliable, the covers were poor quality, the Aqua Kleen filter socks would plug up much quicker than a normal pleated filter which almost caused a few freeze ups because the Gecko electronics would not override the flow restriction to pump 1 and allow pump 2 to run, basically it disabled freeze protection.

Now that Maax has bought them, I think the insulation is less, I'm not a fan of the Maax insulation, looks like they are still using Gecko electronics (I prefer Balboa) and Maax is kind of difficult to deal with.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 12:27:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42