What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: filter replacement  (Read 2044 times)

mrmojo1111

filter replacement
« on: November 02, 2016, 11:26:21 am »
How will I know when it is time to replace my filters?  My tub is two years old, and it is used very lightly.  I have been cleaning the filters in the dishwasher every 3-4 months. Filter replacement is not a trivial endeavour, as my Grandee has 5 Tri-X filters at $50 a pop!

As a corollary, is dishwasher cleaning adequate, or would alternating with overnight soaking in a filter cleaner prolong the useful life of the filters?  Seems like I would need a bottle of filter cleaner for every two filters, and it would be somewhat of a PITA to find a large enough vessel to do them all at once.

Hot Tub Forum

filter replacement
« on: November 02, 2016, 11:26:21 am »

Sam

Re: filter replacement
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 04:09:36 pm »
The whole dishwasher thing is so weird to me.  Hot tub filters are nasty. 

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 10:03:59 am »
Filter Blaster!

Set the filter on it, turn on the water and walk away for 3 minutes. Filter is clean...or clean enough (it does NOT need to look brand new....actually will filter better if not perfectly clean...it does NOT need to be pure white in color)

I get about 5 years from my filter. Never used a "filter cleaner solution" (which really is only needed if you get a lot of oils in the spa).

It always amazes me how anal people get about cleaning filters. It just isn't that necessary.

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 10:03:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42