What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cooperage max 311 vs hotsprings sx  (Read 3396 times)

Dschnell

Cooperage max 311 vs hotsprings sx
« on: November 02, 2016, 09:44:11 am »
OK. I know nothing about hot tubs but my siblings and I are going together to buy parents a Christmas gift. I'm point person since I live the closest. I visited all three spa stores in our town and these were the only two that would be in price range.

The maax 311 was going to be 5800 with a three year warranty while the SX was priced at 4800 with a one year warrany.

They both felt like hard sells and I'd love to get some feedback from noninterested parties.

My parents have never had a hot tub,it will be outside in South Dakota  (big extremes in temps), and I'm really worried about the longevity of the purchase.

The other dealer basically said I needed go go refurbished at my price point and recommended a marquis with a 90 day warranty.

Would welcome any thoughts, although please note the price point is non-negotiable. We are stretching as it is. Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Cooperage max 311 vs hotsprings sx
« on: November 02, 2016, 09:44:11 am »

Dschnell

Re: Cooperage max 311 vs hotsprings sx
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 05:57:55 pm »
So, I think we are going to pull the trigger on the hotsprings Hotspot sx. I'm hoping if anyone has experience, they will chime in.

Do I need to do a circulation pump? Should I go up to the higher 220 volts? How much does it actually cost to run each month? Anything that I should be aware of....even really basic, please let me know. We are really new to this. Thanks again.

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 01:30:15 am »
A new SX will have a 2 year factory warranty on components, just so you know ;)

Circ pump is a nice option on that unit, but not required.  I normally recommend it if someone is putting it on a deck close to their bedroom, so the noise is eliminated while the spa is circulation, but the 2 speed jet pump will work just fine.  The circ pump is also nice if you just want to soak in the spa with no jets, while still maintaining heat.

Regarding the efficiency, I would say that the SX would be much better in South Dakota.  The California Cooperage is a  MAAX spa that uses their perimeter insulation, which does an okay job at the very best. 

Finally, 220 versus 110.  Depends on how you soak.  If you are out there for an extended period of time with the jets on, go 220, especially during the colder months.  If you are having to run a new line anyway... go 220v, it won't be much more that 110 as a new line.

Cost, depends on use... During the cold months if you are using it a lot, I'd say it be anywhere between $30-45 a month?  During the summer... non existent on your electric bill.  But that is an educated guess

Sam

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 02:36:26 pm »
I think you made the right choice.  The Hot Spring will be more efficient in that cold climate.  It's also a better quality hot tub, in my personal opinion.  I'm not a big fan of Maax.

Dschnell

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 02:26:51 pm »
Thank you both for the input. Pulled the trigger yesterday. Paid 4951 with steps, hydraulic cover, installation at a place 60 miles away and upgraded to the 220 volts.

Here's hoping that the parents love it.

richierich

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 03:00:57 pm »
Sounds like the right choice :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 03:00:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42