What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring CoolZone  (Read 4514 times)

mrmojo1111

Hot Spring CoolZone
« on: November 02, 2016, 09:29:42 am »
Does anyone have any experience or opinions on this? Does it work? Is is prohibitively expensive? Is installation on existing tub a big deal? Not much info available out there on the interwebz.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring CoolZone
« on: November 02, 2016, 09:29:42 am »

d00nut

Re: Hot Spring CoolZone
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 07:56:16 pm »
I've only sold a handful, but this is my experience.

Expensive, I'd say yes.  Depends on what the customer thinks, but it isn't inexpensive.  I sell the system for about $2300, but you need a licensed HVAC installer to actually run pipe and install it (another couple $$$?)  The last one we did was about $2700. 

Does it work?  Absolutely.  It's actually really awesome, but cost keeps me from putting it on my own tub, as I seldom use it cold... I mean I never do, and don't really have a problem with it overheating.  Now if I was in death valley... I probably would get it.

mrmojo1111

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 10:28:43 pm »
Thanks for the reply! Is this a dealer- only item or is there another way to order it? VERY little info on the HS and Caldera websites.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 05:44:57 pm »
Thanks for the reply! Is this a dealer- only item or is there another way to order it? VERY little info on the HS and Caldera websites.

Small portable water coolers are available from lots of HVAC supply places. Think about an office water cooler. The tech is needed for the connections and electrical. Might even require an electrical upgrade. If you wanted to design your own, might have to get creative on placement (under the step?) They need ventilation to perform efficiently. The compressed coolant (R134A) wicks away warmth from the water through a series of tubes/coils and disperses the warmth into the air with a fan. I believe they only cool the circ pump water? I wonder about a pump upgrade if your going to locate it outside the tub? Who has seen one of these? Whats in the kit?

I would start on paper to make my own. If your handy I bet you could do it for less than stated above. Think about pump head and temperature control. Void the warranty on your tub.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 05:44:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42