What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Getting past 104 again  (Read 2453 times)

rmahbod

Getting past 104 again
« on: October 31, 2016, 11:34:29 am »
I had a hot tub installed a few years back which was working well.  I would set the temp at 104 but when I opened it, the temperature reading was 106 which felt great.  At times it might have dipped to 105 but generally it was 106 it was perfect.  I don't have a whole bunch of time to lounge in a tub so 5 to 10 minutes of 106 when there is snow or it is cold outside, is perfect.  When I get out, I still feel warm when putting the hot tub cover back on and I go in nice and relaxed, without getting cold.  I had the pump replaced because there was some issue with the tub and now it won't go past 104.  I also had the cover replaced.  After getting used to 106, water temp at 104 is a joke.  I feel chilly when I get out, even if the outside temp is 50 or so.  Again, I don't stay in a tub for a long time - 10 minutes is sufficient.  So, I want to know what I can do to get the temp back up to 106.  Other than replacing the pump, and also the cover, I haven't done anything to the tub.  It's a Chinese brand - the guy that services it says that it is a "Dr. Wellness" tub.  Anybody got any quick fixes?  I don't want to go into the circuitry and do the whole resistor override thing.  Basically, my tub used to show "106" when I had it set to 104.  I'm hoping to find that utopia again.  Any help is appreciated.  I don't want a lecture about why 104 should be the max and all the rest.  I'm just looking for an easy to implement solution, if that is possible.  Thanks in advance. 

Hot Tub Forum

Getting past 104 again
« on: October 31, 2016, 11:34:29 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Getting past 104 again
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 09:00:07 pm »
If you don't want to do the resistor addition...nope.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

rmahbod

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 12:16:26 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  Do you have any idea why it would go up to 106 and show a reading of 106 before?  This is what confuses me.  The resistor addition doesn't seem to change the fact that the temp will be showing 104.  My tub used to regularly show 106 and actually be at 106.  Had the pump and cover changed and now it never gets past 104.  Maybe it's the cover?  Have you (or anyone) ever seen a situation like this before?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 12:16:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42