What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bubbler Pro's and Con's  (Read 2747 times)

Starman

Bubbler Pro's and Con's
« on: October 31, 2016, 05:38:56 pm »
What are the pro's and con's of Bubblers in well insulated hot tubs?

Thanks

« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 06:06:00 pm by Starman »

Hot Tub Forum

Bubbler Pro's and Con's
« on: October 31, 2016, 05:38:56 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Bubbler Pro's and Con's
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 07:08:21 pm »
Pro's, turn the heat up turn it on high and make a bubbling, wild, cauldren of relaxation.

Con's, noisy.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 07:14:26 pm »
The 2 pros I see, is after adding chlorine to my tub, it helps get the chlorine gas out quicker so I can close the lid sooner.  That is pure speculation on my part.

In the summer when the tub is warm we use that in place of the jets for subtle therapy.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Sam

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 02:37:57 pm »
Would never get a bubbler.  There is no therapeutic value, they are loud, and very inefficient.  They also make the heater work harder, using even more energy.  More holes in the shell.  Another component to fail.  Added cost up front.  Meh.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 05:07:44 pm »
Mostly agree with the sentiment on this thread.  Only thing I can offer is if the bubbler is more like a blower:  Catalina Spas has a blower that injects more air in all of their jets.  That creates a harder flow and a stronger feel from the jets.  This used to be more common but in all honesty I do not know if anyone still does the blower across all jets. 

But it is louder, as everyone has denoted.

So if it is a bubbler (air-only jet or the likes) its really a cost-analysis.  Not a ton of upside but if its cheap and you like it then there you go.

Starman

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 05:27:22 pm »
I appreciate all of the responses.

It is a blower I can turn it off if I don't like it. Not too worried about losing heat as I am in Florida.

I will see once it's delivered

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 05:30:03 pm »
I had one (blower motor) I liked the feel and what it did versus just jets. But it came at a noisy cost. Some like them, some don't. Efficiency is out of the equation. They cost to operate just like anything. Might be an advantage if cooling the tub is important.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 05:30:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42