What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any Maax Spa owners on the Forum  (Read 3165 times)

Starman

Any Maax Spa owners on the Forum
« on: October 29, 2016, 02:12:04 pm »
Are there any Maax Spa owners on the forum?

If so what model do you have and have you been happy with it?

What part of the US are you in North South Middle West?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Any Maax Spa owners on the Forum
« on: October 29, 2016, 02:12:04 pm »

tommyp

Re: Any Maax Spa owners on the Forum
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 08:01:31 pm »
I have an Elite 8000 by Maax. So far so ..ok. On delivery one of the collars around a filter was cracked. Distributor repaired it the next day. Had it for about a month now, and soak regularly. A few things i do differently - the little jets on the corner seat don't appear to turn off, and can be annoying. Also the neck jets I'd probably forgo, along w/the bubbler motor. Past that - love it. Having some water issues currently, but I believe that's me and chemicals, not the tubs fault. Over all relatively happy. I went "middle of the road" (as if 7.1k is middle of the road) for my first tub to ensure I'd use it regularly, and figure out what features I like / dislike before spending 12k+ on a "top tier" tub. For what I spent - if it holds up I'll be ok w/my buy.

Starman

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 08:52:30 pm »
Thanks for the response.

Is it pretty quiet? Much change in your electric bill?

What do you not like about the bubbler?

You can turn the little ones down by turning correct?

I have a deposit on a 781 that I got a really good deal on.

Won't get it until some time in Dec, unfortunately but I live in Florida so should still be okay to use.

tommyp

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 05:21:38 pm »
On the filter cycle the bubbles come on for the first minute. Past that, I never hear the thing. In the tub I think noise is reasonable.

Bubbler just..I dont know, it's annoying. Big bumpy bubbles with no real benefit. Just isn't for me. With regard to the jets there's what i'd call small, medium, and large. I can turn down the large and mediums, but the small's on the one seat don't seem interested in being turned off.

I'm in Western NY - electric bill looks to have gone up about 25 bucks compared to prior year. I can't recall what the heat was like though, and what our AC was doing. The next month or 2 will be the better compare.

Starman

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 05:26:19 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to respond, much appreciated I suspect mine will be lower since I am in Florida

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 05:26:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42