What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time buyer - hydrotherapy and quality are a priority  (Read 6955 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: First time buyer - hydrotherapy and quality are a priority
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 07:06:44 pm »
Bull Frog looked interesting in terms of fewer moving parts,
And thanks again.

Still waiting for a F salesman to let us all know, what are the fewer moving parts?

It's all explained right here in a nice clear & concise 16 minute video that anyone in the market for a Hot Tub should be watching.  If you'd like I could send a few brochures to you if you'd prefer some written material  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SjHrqYZSYY

Diverting does not necessarily mean “to get adequate jet pressure”  as quoted.  It could mean to “cut the water flow to a more comfortable level.” Remember folks a lot smaller pumps cut steel, rock, glass (water jet cutter)
Everything they said in this video, every single other spa does, even crappy ones. Pushes water, distributes and diverts it to jets. Moving the distribution (manifold) only reuduces length of travel for water..  Reducing pump size (better efficiency) may be a benefit here but BF doesn’t sell it as one. But no less moving parts as I see it? Maybe I’m wrong, someone tell this ignorant guy.

Matter of fact seems your creating more possible failure points that customers have control over (jet pak connections.)  And not all customers are smart like our BF customers here.  And putting it next to the bather may or may not be a good idea (cavitation noise)

The wet tester should pay attention.

Extreme exaggeration on the plumbing comparison.  Air suction lines included and mixed in with water lines. About 100 (maybe a thousand!) jets on the tub in the video (most quality manufacturers know 30-40 is a good number) of high quality jets available from several plastic molding companies are enough. Marquis HK’s have impressed me more than any but there are likely close to a thousand different types of jets, get a couple catologs, or maybe your service guys can show you. And there placement is what counts.

Again 90% less plumbing LIE

No diverter valves LIE

If I was a spa craftsman from one of the quality manufacturers I would take offense to the reference to how they build them. That’s just plain mean. You should see how the BF guys build them. I heard they use all drug addicts and drunks? You forced me to take notes BFSM. Go help a customer.

17 minutes of my life I won’t get back. (actually I forgot I watched it already and only made it to where they stopped blabbering about the plumbing and started showing the bling.) Guys they do look nice, keep up the good work on making them look good. But cut the crap on how they are better. I suppose different doesn't sell as good........
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:33:34 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 07:06:44 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 07:15:27 pm »
Ok. So I'm down to one of the new Marquis Vector series, a D1 Lotus Bay or Chairman and a Sundance Cameo.  These all seems to have nicely contoured calf areas in the lounger, and the designs appear to aid with keeping you from floating away (not sure if that is hype). But the jets that are in the calf areas seem spot on for my wife's needs.

I hear that perhaps (in terms of Jacuzzi ownership), Sundance is mid-line and that D1 is considered the top line.  D1 seems to have all we want, thought pricey.

Before wet testing, any last thoughts, particularly between the Marquis Vector21 and the D1 Bay or Reflections? Should the Caldera and Sundance be considered as perhaps a Tier 2 when compared to the Marquis and D1?

Thanks again. This forum has been extremely helpful. Really appreciate all of the feedback.

Both brands with high marks for reliability and longevity. Both company's have great designs. The D1 Nautilus is my personal favorite tub. We have a Marquis dealer in our area, good guys they work hard and have helped me a lot. I've soaked in plenty including this years model of the Epic in an awesome brown something? And about every other year for 10 or more years. I would give the edge here to D1 in efficiency and the Marquis for jet power.

And I don't know that I would put Caldera or Sundance below in quality. May not be everyone's favorite but they also have good reputations. A good dealer can change any brands reputation.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:25:03 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 12:28:01 pm »
Bull Frog looked interesting in terms of fewer moving parts,
And thanks again.

Still waiting for a F salesman to let us all know, what are the fewer moving parts?

It's all explained right here in a nice clear & concise 16 minute video that anyone in the market for a Hot Tub should be watching.  If you'd like I could send a few brochures to you if you'd prefer some written material  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SjHrqYZSYY

Diverting does not necessarily mean “to get adequate jet pressure”  as quoted.  It could mean to “cut the water flow to a more comfortable level.” Remember folks a lot smaller pumps cut steel, rock, glass (water jet cutter)
Everything they said in this video, every single other spa does, even crappy ones. Pushes water, distributes and diverts it to jets. Moving the distribution (manifold) only reuduces length of travel for water..  Reducing pump size (better efficiency) may be a benefit here but BF doesn’t sell it as one. But no less moving parts as I see it? Maybe I’m wrong, someone tell this ignorant guy.

Matter of fact seems your creating more possible failure points that customers have control over (jet pak connections.)  And not all customers are smart like our BF customers here.  And putting it next to the bather may or may not be a good idea (cavitation noise)

The wet tester should pay attention.

Extreme exaggeration on the plumbing comparison.  Air suction lines included and mixed in with water lines. About 100 (maybe a thousand!) jets on the tub in the video (most quality manufacturers know 30-40 is a good number) of high quality jets available from several plastic molding companies are enough. Marquis HK’s have impressed me more than any but there are likely close to a thousand different types of jets, get a couple catologs, or maybe your service guys can show you. And there placement is what counts.

Again 90% less plumbing LIE

No diverter valves LIE

If I was a spa craftsman from one of the quality manufacturers I would take offense to the reference to how they build them. That’s just plain mean. You should see how the BF guys build them. I heard they use all drug addicts and drunks? You forced me to take notes BFSM. Go help a customer.

17 minutes of my life I won’t get back. (actually I forgot I watched it already and only made it to where they stopped blabbering about the plumbing and started showing the bling.) Guys they do look nice, keep up the good work on making them look good. But cut the crap on how they are better. I suppose different doesn't sell as good........

So is that a No to the paper brochure? enjoy your weekend Tman, get some rest...don't let your blood pressure get to high over a hot tub forum

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2016, 12:47:59 pm »
So is that a No to the paper brochure? enjoy your weekend Tman, get some rest...don't let your blood pressure get to high over a hot tub forum

I'll be in Eden Prairie for a RSO class. Maybe I'll come see you.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2016, 12:47:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42