What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Tub - first thoughts  (Read 2178 times)

tommyp

New Tub - first thoughts
« on: October 13, 2016, 10:26:35 am »
Finally got my tub up and running end of last week. Delivery was quite the chore. Apparently the guy that delivers is also the guy that schedules the deliveries. So getting in touch with him was almost impossible unless i picked up when he called. Factor in my electrician not wanting to play in the rain, and it was almost 2 wks from the time the thing was in town till the time i sat in it the first time.

Tub was an Elite Spa's 8000 by Maxx. On delivery out of the gate there was a leak under one of the filters. Turns out they over torqued the nut on the collar at the factory. Luckily service was way better than delivery from my retailer - it was fixed next day. Cudos to them on the repair. Delivery - well, there's a lot of room for improvement there. Miserable experience.

So far really like it. I thought I wanted a lounger. Jury is still out on how much I like it. The shiatsu jets on the one seat are fantastic..i may actually swap out some directionals w/more of those. I love em. Colors on the lights, ease of use and interface are nice. I got the bubbler pump. Don't know how much I care for that. Also the neck jets - i see what everyone means now that I have them about the splashing. I just turn them off when not in use, and they're not too bad so long as my neck is buried deep in the rest. Over all pretty satisfied though with the tub. A few things I'll probably do differently on the next one. Now just gotta see how much my electric goes up. Hoping to report more feedback on both the tub itself, as well as my local dealer should the tub need anything in the future.

Hot Tub Forum

New Tub - first thoughts
« on: October 13, 2016, 10:26:35 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: New Tub - first thoughts
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 07:39:45 pm »
Finally got my tub up and running end of last week. Delivery was quite the chore. Apparently the guy that delivers is also the guy that schedules the deliveries. So getting in touch with him was almost impossible unless i picked up when he called. Factor in my electrician not wanting to play in the rain, and it was almost 2 wks from the time the thing was in town till the time i sat in it the first time.

Tub was an Elite Spa's 8000 by Maxx. On delivery out of the gate there was a leak under one of the filters. Turns out they over torqued the nut on the collar at the factory. Luckily service was way better than delivery from my retailer - it was fixed next day. Cudos to them on the repair. Delivery - well, there's a lot of room for improvement there. Miserable experience.

So far really like it. I thought I wanted a lounger. Jury is still out on how much I like it. The shiatsu jets on the one seat are fantastic..i may actually swap out some directionals w/more of those. I love em. Colors on the lights, ease of use and interface are nice. I got the bubbler pump. Don't know how much I care for that. Also the neck jets - i see what everyone means now that I have them about the splashing. I just turn them off when not in use, and they're not too bad so long as my neck is buried deep in the rest. Over all pretty satisfied though with the tub. A few things I'll probably do differently on the next one. Now just gotta see how much my electric goes up. Hoping to report more feedback on both the tub itself, as well as my local dealer should the tub need anything in the future.

I have owned a few tubs with air pumps. I to am neutral on them. Its a very nice, hot, steamy, bubbling, cauldron at a noisy price.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

Re: New Tub - first thoughts
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 07:39:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42