What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A7L Ready Rest cycle  (Read 3567 times)

39lasalle

A7L Ready Rest cycle
« on: October 10, 2016, 08:10:42 pm »
A little confused on this setting!    I thought it was set on this all week and had no issues until today.   Tub is set for 98 degrees and this is where it has been all week.

Tonight I got in and felt it was a little cool and to my surprise it was at 94 but in heating mode since I turned a jet on.

The manual says this mode is most economical but not sure I understand if it has to keep heating up the water not sure how low the temp will get and how long it will take to get to temp once it gets really cold out.

Should I just reprogram to stay in the ready mode and not this rest mode?

Any insight would be grateful.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

A7L Ready Rest cycle
« on: October 10, 2016, 08:10:42 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: A7L Ready Rest cycle
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 08:18:00 pm »
keep it in ready mode for "normal" operation meaning it will always maintain your set temperature

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 08:20:14 pm »
A little confused on this setting!    I thought it was set on this all week and had no issues until today.   Tub is set for 98 degrees and this is where it has been all week.

Tonight I got in and felt it was a little cool and to my surprise it was at 94 but in heating mode since I turned a jet on.

The manual says this mode is most economical but not sure I understand if it has to keep heating up the water not sure how low the temp will get and how long it will take to get to temp once it gets really cold out.

Should I just reprogram to stay in the ready mode and not this rest mode?

Any insight would be grateful.

Thanks

Keep it in ready mode. Rest mode only heats during filter cycles not as it needs heat. For the summer that's fine

tmaestas95

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 10:59:28 pm »
Probably depends on your outside ambient temperature and use patterns.  Here in northern California the weather is pretty mild especially right now (October).  I keep mine on ready/rest. I typically use the tub in the evenings around 8 or 9 when it's already been running the 2nd filter cycle for a hour or more so it's always up to temp (100F).  Even in the morning if I check it before it runs the morning cycle I've only seen it as low as 97.  That may change when winter comes and it gets colder...

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 05:31:59 pm »
Probably depends on your outside ambient temperature and use patterns.  Here in northern California the weather is pretty mild especially right now (October).  I keep mine on ready/rest. I typically use the tub in the evenings around 8 or 9 when it's already been running the 2nd filter cycle for a hour or more so it's always up to temp (100F).  Even in the morning if I check it before it runs the morning cycle I've only seen it as low as 97.  That may change when winter comes and it gets colder...

this is a good point..I'm in MN I'm just so used to saying "ready mode" but tmaestas95 is correct, if in a warm whether climate you may be able to utilize "rest mode".  Depending on ambient air temp the savings may not add up to the cost of a large Starbucks but still saving money is saving money.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 05:31:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42