What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Problems with Gulf Coast Spas LX5000  (Read 6445 times)

Madmaxxed

Problems with Gulf Coast Spas LX5000
« on: October 01, 2016, 05:58:25 pm »
Hello all. I'm new here and having issues with my tub. I scored this 10 year old tub for free!  I've had to replace a bunch of jets, filters, pillows, and just the other day put in a new pump as it kept tripping the gfci to ground fault. We narrowed it down to the pump. Since, the gfci did trip again overnight as it was heating fresh refilled water from roughly 57 degrees to 99. I switched the gfci back this morning and ran a cycle on high pump speed. I was then getting the error code RH NF. Water wasn't flowing. The water was flowing. Could the heater be the culprit, T slice valves not opening all the way?  This tub probably hasn't been run in at least a year or so before I got it. The ozonator is unplugged leaving only the heater, blower, pump, and light. I want the ongoing issues to go away and thought they would with the new pump. Please help!

Hot Tub Forum

Problems with Gulf Coast Spas LX5000
« on: October 01, 2016, 05:58:25 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Problems with Gulf Coast Spas LX5000
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 07:42:42 pm »
Check to see if all the air is out of the lines/pump/heater.
Retired

Madmaxxed

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 08:23:57 pm »
By bleeding out the line exiting the heater?  I did that once I powered it back up with the new pump as I got a pump error code and figured it was air locked. How long should I vent the outlet from the heater to bleed?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 06:41:51 am »
Is there a small plug on your pump?
Retired

Madmaxxed

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 07:53:09 am »
Only a single larger plug for the pump. The heater has a larger and smaller plug. I have the ozonator unplugged as well as I believe it wasn't functioning anyways. It's been running steady since yesterday morning without tripping the gfci. I have the filtration cycle set to 6am and it will kick the blower and pump on high for 45 seconds to purge any air out of the lines. My concern was maybe the heater caused the gfci trip this time.

Madmaxxed

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 12:00:39 pm »
The RH NF error code keeps coming up after cycling the jets. I get the error and wrench symbol. After walking away for a few after it is off it will go back to normal and will start heating and flowing with no error code. There isn't any blockage and the water is indeed flowing. Could this be an early sign of the heater starting to go? 

scoobywagon02

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 11:46:01 am »
Is it a Balboa pack or Gecko? Gecko is blue and Balboa is usually gray or black. If the heater is toast it will be a hard trip meaning that the second you turn the spa on it would trip instantly. Could be a number of issues. Did you try to operate the spa without the filter yet? Is it a new filter? If the pump is moving water and the heat is not engaging it could be pressure switch. Really depends on what spa pack you are working with.

Madmaxxed

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 09:54:02 pm »
Hi Scooby. It's a gecko heater. I'm not certain of the spa pack other than it being a power depot control system for my tub. I haven't tried it without filters. They are both fairly new, recently bought within the last month or two. The pump moves the water and the heater does work. The message seems to appear after or during one full cycle or two and then after it sits for a little while it disappears and the tub continues to heat and stay at set temps. So strange!

Madmaxxed

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 06:51:03 am »
This is a description for the heater model in my tub.

Power Depot Remote Heater with Cords, In Therm 60Hz, 4KW, 240 Vac with New Software/Hardware Upgrade! Better diagnostics and reliability! With 3 levels of integrated safety devices, you can say that in.therm takes really good care of itself. It features a built-in electronic dry-fire protection, a specific circuit to detect and act on hi-limit situations and another to limit maximum regulation. In.therm also features cool engineering enhancements like its solid state electronic switch that replaces conventional relays. While water flow is used to cool it down, the solid state switch heat is simultaneously transferred to the water! An exclusive and patented Aeware feature! Specs •3.8 KW •14 1/2" Overall Length •Cord 4' •COMES WITHOUT UNIONS

Please Note: Failing heaters often give RHNF and RHHR - if all has been checked out and these codes persist then a replacement is needed.

scoobywagon02

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 03:21:47 pm »
Is it a blue spa pack that has plugs leading to each component? What does it say on the front of the box S- class?

Madmaxxed

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 10:36:31 pm »
It is a blue spa pack with the color coded plugs for all components. I'm not sure about the S class. I'll have to pull off the front panel to see.

scoobywagon02

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 10:52:11 am »
Ok. Well there are a couple of things it could be with that specific box. The best thing to do is call Gecko customer support line. They will walk you through all the different troubleshooting steps. That board is notorious for frying soder points behind it. In most cases you need to buy the entire box which they force you to buy a new heater with. It is not a cheap box . Call gecko and tell them what you have going on they will walk you through the steps.

Madmaxxed

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 07:23:03 pm »
Thank you so much for that info!  Greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 07:23:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42