What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Decision made--Jacuzzi J-375  (Read 11979 times)

Tubnerd

Decision made--Jacuzzi J-375
« on: July 31, 2004, 06:50:21 pm »
After spending the last week in all consuming spa h$ll, we put a deposit down today on a Jacuzzi J-375 and feel great about our decision.  Nobody should buy a hot tub without wet testing because it doesn't matter what looks good or what you think you like, you don't really know until you sit in the tub!  I had no idea I would end up with a Jacuzzi but think it will be ideal for the family.

My first love was the Hotsprings Grandee but when I asked the dealer for the bottom line including tax, she simply went to the back and added the price on the sign, the price of the cover lift and ozonator and added the tax.  I COULD HAVE DONE THAT!  I WANTED THE BEST PRICE!  I was so disgusted--total with tax at almost $9700.00 that I left in dismay.  

We had really like the Coleman's (470/471) for a more economical choice but after wet testing, realized there were several problems--the head cushions kept pushing out of the water and one of the seat jets was so low it was a serious problem ( if you know what I mean)!  I did think the lounger was better than the HS as it had a foot hold to keep you from floating out.  My husband was so in love with the price we almost bought it but I told him there had to be a better fitting spa for us.

So today we drove about an hour to a larger area with a list of 4 dealers.  We planned to hit another HS dealer-maybe a better price?, and see Marquis, Jacuzzi, Vita, and Sundance.  The first dealer had the Marquis, Jacuzzi, and Vita.  The store manager helped us and basically told us they were going to be dropping the Vita line--although they looked good--lots of jets and stuff--he really wasn't supportive of the product.  We tested the Marquis Euphoria and the Jacuzzi J-375.  We were a little leary of the full foam insulation in these two but at this point--1/2 the spas have them, 1/2 don't--who really knows what is best!  I really liked the Euphoria more than my husband, it did seem to have more powerful jets, but I had to keep thinking that I want to stay in the tub longer than 5 minutes.  Those strong jets feel good at first but I think I prefer a gentler, more therapeutic massage.  I really like the air/water mixture from the Jacuzzi jets and although we didn't really want a lounger, the way the Jacuzzi lounger works, the leg portion could also be used as a seat if you have good close friends:)!  After much discussion, we decided to skip the other dealers and just made the decision to buy!

The J-375 seats 6-7 people and we paid $7300.00 pre-tax including cover, deluxe cover lift, delivery to an hour away, and all chemicals.  This was $2000.00 less than the HS Grandee and to us, a much better deal.  Of course I spent another $1000.00 on an outdoor table set at the same store--oh well, you can't take it with you!

Thanks for all the great advice and can't wait for delivery!

Hot Tub Forum

Decision made--Jacuzzi J-375
« on: July 31, 2004, 06:50:21 pm »

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
Re: Decision made--Jacuzzi J-375
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 07:31:57 pm »
Nice spa,,,why not a lounger your friends might enjoy it lol.My friends enjoys the lounger the most you just lay back and enjoy the sun or shade.JohnnyT :o

Roborph

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 08:12:10 pm »
 Great choice! I bought a j-370 back in November, I believe most  of the specs are the same as the 375. As far as the lounger goes, I kind of consider the lounger a half lounger. It's very comfortable and you don't have to "dig"  yourself out. I love the 2 spinning jets in the middle and the shoulder jets!!
The water chemistry has been a cinch, even though I'm a first time buyer. You got a great price. I paid $7100 for mine but it's a year older. BTW what colors did you choose for the skirt and tub?
Enjoy and happy tubbing!!!!!!

Tubnerd

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 08:34:55 am »
We bought a sand tub with a sierra cabinet.  I actually dreamed about jets last night....I hope our deck is finished quickly so we can take delivery!

Buckeye

• Jacuzzi J-365 Owner
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 09:39:30 am »
Tubnerd,

Congrats on the tub.  I opted for the non-lounger version J-365, and am in the same boat as you - waiting for the deck to be built.  No Rain - No Rain - No Rain!!!

Buckeye

OnMedic

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 01:19:12 pm »
Don't forget to share pics when your decks are done! I think they have a member section here with personal pages and pics should I member choose to share!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 01:19:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42