What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Garden Leisure Spas & Haven Spa  (Read 7636 times)

Champ

Garden Leisure Spas & Haven Spa
« on: July 29, 2004, 11:10:46 pm »
Anyone ever purchase either of these spas and if so could you tell me how satisfied you are with them?

All the local Garden Leisure Dealers I've spoken to have no inventory to wet test they simply say you buy it and it is dropped ship to your destination.

The Haven Spa is apparently an internet purchase with good reviews on their web site but I'd like to hear more on an independent web page if possible.

TIA,

Champ ???

Hot Tub Forum

Garden Leisure Spas & Haven Spa
« on: July 29, 2004, 11:10:46 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: Garden Leisure Spas & Haven Spa
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 12:05:53 am »
Haven is most likely the worst value possible. Two customers were so mistreated that they made their stories known and this is the link:
Unhappy Haven owners speak out

Any other spa will be fine. ;D They have good reviews on that site because he RUNS that site. All messages have to be approved prior to showing up on his board so he has ample time to delete all the negative service type posts.

I don't often post this sort of negativity on a certain brand but this guy is so bad and out of touch, I feel compelled to tell you.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 12:09:35 am by Steve »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 08:06:30 am »
McKevin

No need to duck!  Your post was one of the most objective I've ever read concerning friend JA.

Champ:
Don't be too swayed by what you read on the Haven website.  All of it is written by the owner, and heavily biased toward selling their wares.  You will get no objectivity from that site.  You won't find much if any independent information on Haven spas.  
Go look at Phonix spas if they have a store in your area.  That's essentially what Haven's are.  
Compare the price of a Phoenix to a Haven, and see if they are such a great deal after all.

Brewman
Brewman

autoplay

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 08:47:42 am »
If you are inclined to buy a CaVeN spa,you could always buy a Phoenix spa and add some aluminum foil to the skirts of the spa.

As Steve said,it's not so much the mid-grade spa that the spa deceptionist sells,but the mannerisms he chooses to use to SELL his product. The owner of that site tries to paint a persona of righteousness,good verses evil etc etc. It's truly amazing that almost all spa manufacturers are evil,and CaVeNs are the saviors of the industry LOL.

He's the last person I would give money to for any purchase,especially off of the internet.

Purchase from a dealer within 50 miles of your residence,so you have the added assurance that if and when a problem arises,you will have a dealer/service tech to help you in a professional and timely fashion.

GL

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 02:42:53 pm »
The Haven Spa is apparently an internet purchase with good reviews on their web site

Where to start? This guy is a narcissist who tries to make you believe he has all the answers. In reality he's selling a rebranded Phoenix spa though he'll deny that they are the same. If you like his spas you can save big $$ by simply buying the Phoenix version and avoiding his middleman sales site. BTW, it became known that his bank took him to court (posted here and elsewhere if you'd like to search) and won a judgment against him this year for non payment (like $35k or so) and he's even stated on his site that his suppliers have had to extend him credit so I'm not sure I'm want to trust my money with a guy who's financially strapped as I'd worry that he had my money when the house of cards collapsed.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Champ

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 08:21:13 pm »
Thanks for the valuable information I've learned here. It doesn't sound like we are going to be following up on either brand. The Haven because of some credibility concerns and the Garden Leisure (which I learned elsewhere is made by Dynasty Spas) because of an inability to wet test.

Having said that, my wife and I just recently moved to east TN so we don't know one dealer from the other. In addition, we don't know anyone locally who owns a spa (we've only been here about 3 months). Locally we have visited and looked at Hot Springs, Cal Spa, Jacuzzi, and Hawkeye (?). While we have not wet tested any of them this forum and others has convinced me to stay away from Cal Spa. I have not had a chance to learn anything about Hawkeye and as for the other two "biggies" well it seems as if there is good and bad to both companies.
We did locate a dealer about 25 miles away who carries Marquis Spas, which I gather from this board are pretty popular and reliable. I suspect a trip to the nearby town will be in order shortly.

Thanks again for all your help.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 08:21:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42