What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help in selecting best spa for the money  (Read 9342 times)

MarKee

Re: Help in selecting best spa for the money
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 03:05:10 pm »
The Marquis uses a cedar construction which is very unlikely to ever rot, in fact there is never any wood near the ground, so how could it? I have never seen any issues with mold in my 12 years selling them.  Inferior construction?  Not sure how he could say that.  I will let these pictures speak for themselves:

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 03:05:10 pm »

Eau Claire buyer

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 10:22:59 pm »
Im thinking sd optima vs mq euphoria
Does either one have better, easier water control

Which has more power?
I wet tested a sd cameo today and was unimpressed with the pressure it gave,
Sd does seem to have great technology to keep the water clean without much chemicals

Does any Sundance dealer know if there is any legitimate deadline I need to have  a payment made by Sunday at 5 pm to get a price?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 10:44:26 pm »

Which has more power?
I wet tested a sd cameo today and was unimpressed with the pressure it gave,
Sd does seem to have great technology to keep the water clean without much chemicals

Does any Sundance dealer know if there is any legitimate deadline I need to have  a payment made by Sunday at 5 pm to get a price?

Both will need the same amount of chemicals. Sun dance touts the uv and ozone combo. Neither of those is a sanitizer so you will still need to use chlorine or bromine. Marquis uses spa frog. It is a inline system that you replace one cartridge every month or so and the other every few months. You will need to shock periodically. Is either system better or easier?  No they both will get the job done and be effective. The Jet power on the euphoria is nearly identical to jet power on the epic which you said you wet tested.

I just looked on the sundance website and they have no promotions so it sounds like they are just trying a hard close technique. If the deal is there on Sunday then it will still be there Monday or Tuesday (unless it's a floor model then it will be there until it's gone).

Sounds like your becoming a very educated buyer and are finding the few key things you are looking for in your new hot tub. You have narrowed it down to 2 of the better tubs made. Are you more comfortable with either dealer?  You sound like my favorite type of customer someone who is serious about a hot tub purchase and someone who knows what they are looking for in a spa. By your description of the optima I think you would enjoy the power of the euphoria more but that's only up to you to decide.

Eau Claire buyer

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2016, 03:43:59 pm »
 Thank you for the great advice. My understanding is that the euphoria only has HK 40 jets and does not have the HK 80 jets that are in the epic.
Is there any difference in the 2015 and 2016 model years euphoria?

MarKee

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 05:31:42 pm »
Correct Eau Claire Buyer.  There is no difference from a 2015 to 2016 model on the Euphoria or Epic.  2017 model should also be the same on both of those tubs, no changes that I know of.

Eau Claire buyer

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 06:14:03 pm »
The epic has two HK80 towers, correct?  I loved those most in my test soak.  I am told that the Euphoria has zero HK80 jets, thus it will not have the power of the epic.  Is that clear logic, or am I missing something?
Thanks

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 09:22:29 pm »
The epic has two HK80 towers, correct?  I loved those most in my test soak.  I am told that the Euphoria has zero HK80 jets, thus it will not have the power of the epic.  Is that clear logic, or am I missing something?
Thanks

The geyser jets aren't there but the upper back will be the same as the epic. If you are looking good a non lounge with the geyser jets check out the 2 pump promise. It's a smaller multi level seating tub with no lounge but it has the geyser jets

mpkelley20

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 07:40:33 am »

I am a new owner of a Marquis (Promise).  Still trying to understand the chemicals and how they should be done.  In the meantime, I am using the Frog system that comes with the Marquis with no issues at all.  I haven't had to do a thing in the week it has been turned on.  However, when that cartridge goes empty, I may consider the "bleach and dichlor" method which is described in detail in the Trouble Free pools forums (spa section).  That forum is how I learned about proper water chemistry for my pool and the chemicals needed.  Very easy and a lot cheaper than spending hundreds of dollars on useless products that a lot of pool stores carry.  It is worth visiting and reading through the process. 

My spa dealer (Hottubguy) even told me I would most likely move away from the spa frog system to a cheaper alternative that is just as easy.  I believe he mentioned Dichlor as well.  And he sells chemicals at his place and could have easily told me to stick with the more expensive option...but he did not.

Although....I have seen some videos of people reusing the spa frog cartridges.  Might try and see if it is still possible then I can just buy inexpensive bromine and refill the cartridge for a fraction of the cost!

Ozone, UV, plutonium...whatever the hot tub has, won't do much if your sanitizer is all messed up. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 07:40:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42