What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Used 2001 Sundance Altimar  (Read 2204 times)

bodguy

• Hot Spring Vista owner
Used 2001 Sundance Altimar
« on: July 30, 2004, 11:52:31 am »
We are having the most awful time trying to find tubs we are interested in wet testing to be in anyones stock.
We live in lower Mississippi and of the major brand dealers close to us (close being within 100 miles) NOONE has any of the mid to upper end tubs of their lines in stock.  We did set up a wet test with the HS dealer a WEEK in advance  to test some of the tubs they did stock only to have the dealer call us and cancel 2 hours before the scheduled test.  Im so pi$$ed of about that I may have to rule them out completely, which cuts out HS/Tiger River/Liesure Bay

The Artesian/Coleman dealer had one Coleman (472?) and a bunch of Island Bay Line of the Artesians (no gold or platimum at all in either of their stores), and a bunch of tubs they manufacture in house (ack)

The Sundance dealer has 2 tubs, can you imagine, only 2 tubs, a 2004 Marin which I have no interest in wet testing. The other tub is HIS used 2001 Altimar.  

Each dealer, and I mean each, tried to tell me how wet testing their tubs in stock is equivalent to the tubs they don't stock and I would be able to make my decision based on that. From lurking here for months I know better!!! You can bet I wont drop several thousand dollars on a tub I havn't wet tested no matter what!

We really want to wet an Altimar.  Being that he does have the used Altimar, what would be a good price for that used tub should we decide we like it?

I hate the thought of buying used, but it was the dealers personal spa, and its the only one of many we we can find that we really want to wet test.

Finally, if used is really not the way to go, would it be fair to assume that a 2001 Altimar will feel the same as a 2004?

Sorry for the long post, any advise offered is appreciated

Hot Tub Forum

Used 2001 Sundance Altimar
« on: July 30, 2004, 11:52:31 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Used 2001 Sundance Altimar
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 12:02:27 pm »
This is going to sound like I'm joking, but I'm not.

Drive to a more populated area, where all the dealers have lots of tubs to test. Spend the whole day testing if you have to - make a trip out of it.  Find them online and call ahead so they know you are coming, and why.

And be sure to get some prices in writing - you most likely won't get the slobs back home to match them, but they'll probably come off their price a little.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Used 2001 Sundance Altimar
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 12:02:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42