What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Capri GFI Trip  (Read 1595 times)

tws869

Sundance Capri GFI Trip
« on: September 18, 2016, 01:07:39 pm »
So we purchased a used Capri a few months back and installed, been loving the spa. One day my wife calls and tells me the breaker had tripped - so we reset and 3 weeks later happened again. Now it is happening quite often. I have tested the insulation on the blower, ozonator, pump, heater & light and all seem okay. I ran the tub without the ozonator or blower for a few days and it still tripped. Now I have begun looking again at the circuit, I did notice that I measure resistance from line to ground when the breaker is tripped. I pulled the wires & still could measure about 6.5 M-ohm. I pulled the wires directly at the GFI and still found resistance (I would expect infinite) - is this normal to measure with the breaker open? The trip function of the breaker works fine, the breaker is only a few months old (purchased it new) but we continue to have the GFI issue so now I'm looking for more help. Hard to believe a breaker might have issues so new but I'm so far not able to identify one of the auxiliaries as the culprit.
Anyone have another idea? Help is greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Capri GFI Trip
« on: September 18, 2016, 01:07:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42