What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomber info  (Read 3458 times)

txwillie

Beachcomber info
« on: July 28, 2004, 04:42:43 pm »
Just beginning the search and research process and have found this site quite informative. Prior to last week, I couldn't name more than one or two brands, and now I think I have at least a basic understanding of construction types, materials, diverters, etc. and now have a "short list" of brands I want to check out. They are (in no particular order) Beachcomber, Catalina, Coleman, Emerald and Sundance. I don't want to even consider anything that doesn't allow all the jets to operate simultaneously. Problem is there does not appear to be dealers for Beachcomber or Emerald in Dallas/Fort Worth. Dealers for both are over 100 miles away (which isn't that far really). Does anyone know of dealers for these in the DFW Metro area? Also, If anyone wants to chime in on the full foam vs thermopane thing........  I see advantages/disadvantages to both, but it seems to me that TP would be better as long as the piping is sufficiently foamed in place to minimize pipe movement.

Hot Tub Forum

Beachcomber info
« on: July 28, 2004, 04:42:43 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Beachcomber info
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 04:52:42 pm »
The insulation method should be far down on your spa criteria.  You won't get a definitive answer on which one's better- just a bunch of opinions.  
Better to focus on other things, like how you fit, how the jets feel, etc......
Brewman
Brewman

txwillie

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 04:57:04 pm »
Kinda figured as much, but I'm an engineer, and quality construction and superior methods and components are big issues for me.

Thx,

Txwillie

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 06:37:40 pm »
My suggestion Willie, call Beachcomber at 1-800-663-6557 and ask for Glenn Lahey or Stan Hughes. If you want real technical info based on engineering pricipals, these are the guys to talk to.

Steve

IonHeaven

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 07:06:29 pm »
Let us know what you find out. I'm about to decide between a Beachomber 720x and a Marquis Reward. They both seem well though out to me, but what do I know, I'm all about the neck massage!

soon to be spa owner, IonHeaven

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 01:33:35 am »
Hi...

I was wondering what kind of information did your Marquis dealer give to you that you questioned...
Let us know what you find out. I'm about to decide between a Beachomber 720x and a Marquis Reward. They both seem well though out to me, but what do I know, I'm all about the neck massage!

soon to be spa owner, IonHeaven

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 01:33:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42