What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Delamination  (Read 5631 times)

Purplelady

Delamination
« on: September 09, 2016, 12:36:53 am »
I posted before saying my spa floor sank. I have since found out it is Delamination. Company calls it a blimish. It's an Emerald Spa, started after we owned for 6 months. Emerald use to have in there warranty that they covered this. Since 2008 they only cover and leak water. Even then they will only fix. This is the 2nd tub, same thing happened to first. It continues to get bigger, all in the foot area. Any idea on what eventually will happen? Will it crack at some point? It would mean a whole lot of water in our basement if it does.  We are in Michigan and going after them with the state and federal magnesium miss act - implied warranty. Is anyone familiar with this? It's a protection above and beyond a written warranty, that covers a lot including manufactures defects that are a danger. This has an indent almost 2" slop that throws your balance off when getting in, moving , or getting out of tub.

Hot Tub Forum

Delamination
« on: September 09, 2016, 12:36:53 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Delamination
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 12:28:45 pm »
Delamination can definitely cause cracking and leaks down the road.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 11:22:23 pm »
Shouldn't that fall under the 5 year surface warranty?  Did you read the warranty when you bought it?

Purplelady

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 10:44:18 am »
Warranty says only if it's cracked and leaking water. Then they can patch it. Our first hot tub. We did read and thought great lifetime warranty. There old warranty covered it. But changed there waranty at some point. They use to call it a manufactured defect. Now they claim it's only a blemish. At 6 months this happened, and we paid $9,300 for it.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 03:51:51 pm »
Five Year Full Surface Warranty
Should there be a defect in the acrylic surface of the shell body, resulting in cracking of the of the acrylic surface within five (5) years from the date of the original purchase, Emerald Spa Corporation will at its option, repair the acrylic surface or replace the complete shell body with an original model or a spa of similar size and shape.

That's from there website.  I would think that would cover it

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 04:16:45 pm »
I was under the impression or rather had heard within the last 12-16 months that Emerald had gone out of business...maybe they were bought out, and that is why the warranty changed?

DKRanger22

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 04:20:29 pm »
Five Year Full Surface Warranty
Should there be a defect in the acrylic surface of the shell body, resulting in cracking of the of the acrylic surface within five (5) years from the date of the original purchase, Emerald Spa Corporation will at its option, repair the acrylic surface or replace the complete shell body with an original model or a spa of similar size and shape.

That's from there website.  I would think that would cover it

I think the problem is that the dealer claims its only a cosmetic blemish, not a crack.

Purplelady

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 05:37:33 pm »
Yeah they are calling it a blemish, it is not cracked and leaking water. Problem for us is its dangerous. The one area is about the size of a dinner plate. When you get in or out your feet hit this hole, a slope into a hole. It cause you to trip. Then the thing has sunk around the foot jet dome and there's about a saucer plate one on other side. There warranty use to call Delamination a manufactured defect and it was covered. They replaced one tub for us for the same reason. Now they say it first interfere with the enjoyment of the tub. They did close there doors May 2015 still covering warrant for 5 years. I reported this June 3,2015 been fighting them on it ever since. Continues to get worse. They won't even send someone out to look at it, nor has the retailer been out.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 09:57:50 pm »
That's BS. How do they know if they haven't come out to look at it. Plus the warranty is from when you bought the tub not from the replacement tub. So if it was covered before it should be covered again. I checked out the website from where you bought the tub and they still have emerald and Great Lakes as the brands they carry.

Purplelady

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 12:23:11 pm »
Problem we have is getting them to do something about it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 12:23:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42