What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian spa - speaker question  (Read 6217 times)

MikeK157

Artesian spa - speaker question
« on: September 10, 2016, 06:52:34 pm »
I bought a used grand cayman with broken speakers in the spa.

The dealer wants $100 per speaker but i have a feeling i can do better if i look elsewhere.

However the owners manual does not mention a model and i pulled out the speaker which also does not

have a model on it. Is there any artesian dealer on here that knows the model of the 3" round speaker in

the tub?

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian spa - speaker question
« on: September 10, 2016, 06:52:34 pm »

MikeK157

Re: Artesian spa - speaker question
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 01:46:08 pm »
1) Premium InfinityŽ Sound System by Harman
     Bluetooth Receiver, AM/FM, USB, Aux-in
     (4) 3 in. Speakers, (2) 6.5 in. Exterior Speakers,
     Power Subwoofer, Wireless Remote (Optional)

This is the set up my spa has. I am hoping to find out the model number for the 4 3inch speakers if this helps.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 03:20:16 pm »
At the base of the spa, below the cabinet, on the black wood trim just before the ABS plastic that the unit sits on, there is a small silver piece with your serial number, etc.  You can use that info to get all the info on your spa.  You can even call other dealers and see what the cost of the speaker is to them and see about shipping.  This way you can see what the pricing is an how it stacks up.

MikeK157

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 10:05:29 pm »
At the base of the spa, below the cabinet, on the black wood trim just before the ABS plastic that the unit sits on, there is a small silver piece with your serial number, etc.  You can use that info to get all the info on your spa.  You can even call other dealers and see what the cost of the speaker is to them and see about shipping.  This way you can see what the pricing is an how it stacks up.

Unfortunately the two dealers in my area have been downright horrible as far as service goes.

1 told me to find someone closer to service my tub even though they are 20 minutes away saying they are too busy and the other has all but stopped answering my emails once he found out i got a used tub. He did however say he cannot do anything with a serial number. Said I would have to contact the manufacturer with it. Is this true?

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 09:54:21 am »
Artesian Spas website has a database for dealers that when entered can give you a parts list of your tub.  The only way your tub wont be on there is if it is too old.  2005 is how far back it goes, but 05-07 isnt the most reliable.  If your tub is from 05 or new, the guy you're talking to is being lazy. 

MikeK157

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 02:27:22 pm »
Artesian Spas website has a database for dealers that when entered can give you a parts list of your tub.  The only way your tub wont be on there is if it is too old.  2005 is how far back it goes, but 05-07 isnt the most reliable.  If your tub is from 05 or new, the guy you're talking to is being lazy.

Perfect its 2014 so i will have a look. As soon as the dealer found out i bought used he lost all interest

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 02:49:16 pm »
I need to clarify as I did this poorly:  The dealer has the ability to look up parts based on the serial number of the tub.  They have a special dealer log in and from there they can look up the parts for your type of unit. 

Don't let them tell you otherwise.  Talk to a manager if you must. 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 03:13:04 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

MikeK157

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 05:14:31 pm »
I need to clarify as I did this poorly:  The dealer has the ability to look up parts based on the serial number of the tub.  They have a special dealer log in and from there they can look up the parts for your type of unit. 

Don't let them tell you otherwise.  Talk to a manager if you must.

This was the owner who told me to call the factory lol

Can i technically use any 3 inch spa speaker? Or is it best to stick to the same model

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 05:18:38 pm »
 If the stereo is still working why not unhook the speaker wires and pick up a couple of outdoor speakers and then splice in wire and run it to them?   Those artesian speakers will only last so long then your out again and a waste of money. 

MikeK157

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 05:48:17 pm »
If the stereo is still working why not unhook the speaker wires and pick up a couple of outdoor speakers and then splice in wire and run it to them?   Those artesian speakers will only last so long then your out again and a waste of money.

Thats not a bad idea actually. Beyond my capabilities but im sure i can hire someone.

I just dont like the idea of dead speakers sitting in the tub

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2016, 07:37:46 pm »
They also make bluetooth decks that can throw to speakers. Check Crutchfield.

I don't think I would invest anything in speakers for your tub. Save your money for something different.
Retired

MikeK157

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 07:55:30 pm »
They also make bluetooth decks that can throw to speakers. Check Crutchfield.

I don't think I would invest anything in speakers for your tub. Save your money for something different.

I may skip the inners but the two infinity inf612 external speakers sounded really good when i heard the 1 play so i may just get the other broken one replaced for social get togethers

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 07:55:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42