What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tropic Seas Spas  (Read 18325 times)

MrZsasz

Tropic Seas Spas
« on: September 09, 2016, 05:56:41 pm »
We recently purchased a Jacuzzi spa at the Minnesota State Fair, but after looking at another outdoor leisure place in town I found a different spa I liked.  It's a Tropic Seas Spa, which is a division of Artesian Spas.  The model is the Tahiti Elite.  It's bigger than the Jacuzzi, and a better price, but I am concerned about the long term quality.  Jacuzzi is a brand I feel you can trust more.  Anyone have any experience with Tropic Seas Spas?  Any input would be helpful.  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Tropic Seas Spas
« on: September 09, 2016, 05:56:41 pm »

MrZsasz

Re: Tropic Seas Spas
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 10:21:44 pm »
By the way, the Jacuzzi model we picked was the J-245. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 10:37:25 pm »
Which Jacuzzi brand spa are you comparing it too?  I believe tropic seas is there entry level tub by artesian which artesian is another good brand

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 09:58:19 am »
Tropic Seas is sort of a private label for a dealer who carries Artesian Spas.  Artesian Spas has 5 spa lines so there is a lot of variation, which is not unlike most spa brands out there. 

I'd be happy to help you compare the units if you have more information on what you're specifically looking at.  Full Disclosure:  I am an Artesian Spas dealer but I don't have any skin in the game and will not lobby you into purchasing the brand.  This decision is about what works best for you and I don't care what hot tub you end up purchasing.  I just like to help out and answer questions. 

If you're still considering the Jacuzzi brand there are several regulars on here who I am sure are able to assist you with any questions you have regarding that product.

EDIT:  Spelling and context.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 12:40:35 pm by The Wizard of Spas »

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 01:38:43 pm »
If you have some free time swing into our brand new location in Woodbury! Love to show you some spas, we carry a line from Dynasty that is an incredible value

-Eric

MrZsasz

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 05:06:27 pm »
Thanks Wizard, I knew Artesian is a good brand, just didn't know specifics on Tropic Seas.  So being a "private label" doesn't mean it's a lower end brand of Artesian or anything?  Also, Jacuzzi sold us on the idea of their jets being more therapeutic than just water pressure, but the salesman at Family Leisure told me Artesian is rated number 1 for hydrotherapy...any thoughts on that?

After going to the Jacuzzi store in Burnsville I am now thinking of going with a demo model of the J-470 (instead of the J-245).  It's a significant upgrade, but because it's a demo model, the price hike isn't too heart-stopping.  But it is still more expensive.  I still like Tropic Seas spa for size and price...ugh...just so many options....

And then there are ones like 4 Winds Spas at All-American Recreation, which we also looked at and liked...and the Evolution spas at Costco...too many options!   :-\ 

Mike

Tropic Seas is sort of a private label for a dealer who carries Artesian Spas.  Artesian Spas has 5 spa lines so there is a lot of variation, which is not unlike most spa brands out there. 

I'd be happy to help you compare the units if you have more information on what you're specifically looking at.  Full Disclosure:  I am an Artesian Spas dealer but I don't have any skin in the game and will not lobby you into purchasing the brand.  This decision is about what works best for you and I don't care what hot tub you end up purchasing.  I just like to help out and answer questions. 

If you're still considering the Jacuzzi brand there are several regulars on here who I am sure are able to assist you with any questions you have regarding that product.

EDIT:  Spelling and context.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 05:57:41 pm »
It just depends on the unit:  Artesian has 5 lines that vary in features and amenities.  So you may be comparing that unit vs better, lessor, or equal Jacuzzi unit.  Thus- I cannot say what the better play is for you.

Regarding jet action/hydrotherapy:  The DirectFlow feature from Artesian is completely unique.  One could say how that feature relates to hydrotherapy and all the benefits of it, etc.  However, Jacuzzi has and has had several patents on their jets over the years and they can say how that is awesome and so on, so forth.

Thus- The only measure is:  What *FEELS* good to you?  I suggest a wet test on the units in question and go from there.  I tell every customer of mine [paraphrasing myself] "I can talk to you until I'm blue in the face about how great my tubs are but if you're not comfortable sitting in them or you do don't like the feel of the jets, you're not going to buy my tub." 

If you like the way the Jacuzzi feels, you have your answer.  Same with the Tropic Seas.

DKRanger22

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 07:26:56 pm »
Agreed - wet test as many options as you can and narrow from there.  If one really stands out from the crowd, you have your winner.  If all the ones on your short list feel good, then narrow by price and dealer reputation / service. 

JacuzziJack

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 10:23:21 am »
Each company seems to try to put a different spin on their advantages, which is ok, but makes buying a dizzying experience.

Have you looked at Arctic Spas (since you are in the twin cities?)

Good luck!

Sam

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 06:35:29 pm »
Tropic seas are not entry level or lower quality.  I would probably place them as a mid level, but with very good build quality.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 06:35:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42