What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: purging a new spa  (Read 2534 times)

dlleno

purging a new spa
« on: September 09, 2016, 03:52:19 pm »
Hi all,

here's  an example showing the importance of purging a new spa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LM2yeAzq3w&feature=youtu.be

I learned the hard way -- I let the  biofilms shipped with my spa grow, and I had to purge later, but this guy did it the right way -- before using it for the first time. 

boisediesel.com/blog/2016/7/spa-purge

Hot Tub Forum

purging a new spa
« on: September 09, 2016, 03:52:19 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: purging a new spa
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 08:21:57 pm »
arw you there sales rep?

someguy

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 09:43:25 pm »
My name is Jerry Parker.  I am the manufacturer of the Ahh-Some Cleaner.  We have no sales reps.  We are thankful to people like Mr. Leno who are  telling hot tub owners the benefits of doing a purge for brand new hot tubs and following up with complete purges every 4-6 months or so.  Apparently, Mr. Leno is trying to tell People on the advantages of purging detritus build-up that can cause numerous problems with hot tub maintenance.  I have been in the industry for 47 years.  I don't know everything about recreational water but I do know the benefits of cleaning the plumbing in closed loop systems such as hot tubs and jetted bathtubs.  I am amazed and actually appalled at the number of so called experts who don't advise hot tub owners to do a plumbing purge to expel biofilm and a plethora of other contaminants that can cause an unhealthy soaking environment.  Why don't they tell the actual facts.  Biofilm can be very bad.  You have to eradicate it.  Our product is one of many that can help In this situation.  I am not trying to make this an advertisement.  I just want people to know the facts.  Dealers have to be honest with consumers.  Tell them the truth.
I am not trying to scare people but I simply know that by cleaning the plumbing of contaminants helps the end user and the hot tub dealer retain happy customers.  Wouldn't it be great to have all your hot tub buyers come back to your store and tell you how great their water looks and how easy it is to maintain their tub?  Please study what biofilm is and how it affects hot tubs.  I see so many posts where so called experts tell people to,simply drain and refill.  Trust me, this doesn't get the job done.
I resent the fact that people are trying to say that there is something in it for people who recommend our product.  There isn't.  I have zero sales people.  Our product sells itself.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 10:35:10 pm »
I just don't see it as big of a problem as you due. I sell hundreds of tubs a year. Have a few cases a year where I recommend a product like yours and recommend my customers due a purge every year or so. Just seems like whenever this poster posts it's a advertisement for your company and then shortly after you post saying basically what you said above. I've tried your product and it does work well. Does it work any better than other similar products out there I'm not sure

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 11:00:46 pm »
I have seen hundreds of owners who have never ever purged and they are still alive....wow....
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 11:00:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42