What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help!!!Jacuzzi J365  (Read 7306 times)

AmySue

• Jacuzzi J365
Help!!!Jacuzzi J365
« on: July 28, 2004, 08:41:37 pm »
Hello All!!!!

I have had my new J365 for about 3 weeks now and love it except for 1 little annoying problem - those 3 little "booties" that go over the footwell suction pumps. Every time I use it - they all come off. They are not easy to get back on. I called the dealer and he said they should not be coming off - the elastic must be broke (no). A friend of mine has the J355 and has the same problem. I was just wondering if any other Jacuzzi owners have this same problem or came up with a solution to this. Any input would be appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Help!!!Jacuzzi J365
« on: July 28, 2004, 08:41:37 pm »

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
Re: Help!!!Jacuzzi J365
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 09:28:32 pm »
Just cleaned mine on my J-355 today.Very easy too clean make sure the spa is off.Easy to come off but you need both hands to put it on,try to put the bottom on first and work your way up to the top.I have had no problems with it coming off and I am sure Jacuzzi told you like myself you will need to go to the dealer and get new ones when you need them because Jacuzzi don't send them out.......JohnnyT

Snuggles

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 10:51:18 am »
I also find these are a pain in the neck to put back on. JT is correct in that you start at the bottom and work your way up but if your like me you will nearly drown in doing so. I picked up a larger size that I found in Island Recreation that go on much easier. They stay on just as well but go on in a cinch. Do you have kids? The reason I ask is that these things stay on when it's only adulsts but when my kid's go in (7 and 13 yr. boys) they always kick them off. I've since left them in charge of placing them back on. I know a few people that don't even put the socks on anymore including my dealer. I would think if you're bringing alot of sand into the tub then it would be a neccessity but if you have a foot bath out side the tub this should aleviate the problem. I'm contemplating running the tub with out the socks. Does everyone out there run their tub with the socks or not?    

AmySue

• Jacuzzi J365
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 11:42:58 am »
Snuggles,

LOL - I have the same problem getting them back on. I'm only 4'11, so I'm basically under water when I try to put them back on. I don't have any young kids (I have a 21 year old), but when I have alot of people in the tub, I find the covers sucked up into the filter bag the next day. I too am thinking about just leaving them off, but I heard somewhere, (can't remember where) that Jacuzzi will void the warranty if you don't use them. Any input from anyone out there???

Chris_H

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 11:46:25 am »
All,
Your warranty will not be voided if you don’t use the covers.  This goes for Sundance owners, as well.  Sundance and Jacuzzi Premium use them for extra filtration, but if you were having issues with them coming off I would leave them off.  
Chris H

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 12:01:48 pm »
The covers are supposed to strain out sand and stuff because the water that gets sucked into those intakes is not going thru the filters.  
At least on the Optima that seems to be the case.  
One pump pulls water into the filter basket, the other one uses those suction inlets.
If that is the case, wouldn't sand and small other debris going thru the pumps and jets eventually cause damage?
Brewman

Brewman

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 12:06:22 pm »
Discovered this problem the day we got our tub. The covers came off and it is a direct correlation to the time the kids go in. Alduts no matter how many go in never seem to affect this. Kids no matter what age and they come off. Go figure.

I asked my dealer about this, especially at my frustration of always putting them back on. He recommended that I simply no use them. My tub is on a deck next to the door to our house. I have yet to see or feel any grit get into the tub. That being said my dealer also told me that it would not void the warranty if they were not on, and that Sundance had put these on as an extra precaution because some tub as placed in areas that have the potential of having amounts of grit to varying degrees in the tub and that it helps in not damaging the equipment.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 12:12:23 pm by doodoo »

Ready2Buy1

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 12:26:53 pm »
The first week we had the tub, the kids had them off at least 48 times and on the Optima they are a b#tch to get back on cause the shell has a molded lip around intake in that area...so after going through 5 the first week cause they ripped to shreds, I finally had enough of them on our Optima and took them off for good.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 12:31:54 pm by Ready2Buy1 »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2004, 12:33:37 pm »
I know a few people that don't even put the socks on anymore including my dealer. I would think if you're bringing alot of sand into the tub then it would be a neccessity but if you have a foot bath out side the tub this should aleviate the problem. I'm contemplating running the tub with out the socks. Does everyone out there run their tub with the socks or not?    

Only a couple manufacturers use those things (mine isn't one of them) My intakes have metal screens that stop anything larger than the smallest pebble.  We wear beach type sandles from the house to the tub (6 feet) and have no problems.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2004, 04:29:55 pm »
Jacuzzi told me a few months ago you should leave them on so you don't damage the pump if i remember.Jt

Snuggles

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2004, 08:12:25 pm »
I'm going with leaving them off. The grills are more than sufficient to stop debris. Besides they look funky anyway.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2004, 08:56:34 pm »
yea I guess some people can get wet putting them on.i am 6ft3in and still get wet lol..Jt

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2004, 08:56:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42