What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis e-750 vs Hot Spot Rhythm vs Cakdera Vanto. Need your advice.  (Read 5819 times)

spamom50

We're trying to choose between these three for our first tub.  I prefer the Vanto because of the comfort level and the foot jets I experienced during the wet test.  A big concern I have is about the durability of the visquine base.  Am I right in thinking that the Marquis e-750 would provide better protection from rodents?   We have a rat issue in our neighborhood.  The prices are similar - $6,500 for the Vanto and $700-ish for the other two.  We know we're supposed to negotiate but neither one of us is really good at it.  Any tips about that would be really appreciated, too.  The dealers all seem respectful and helpful, especially the Caldera and Marquis guys, who own their own stores and have been doing it for 15+ years.   Please do respond if you have an opinion.  I''ve been reading the posts on this forum and am impressed by he level of support and guidance people have given to each other. Many thanks. 

Hot Tub Forum

d00nut

Re: Marquis e-750 vs Hot Spot Rhythm vs Cakdera Vanto. Need your advice.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 05:29:49 pm »
I sell the Rhythm and the Vanto, and they are pretty much the same spa with some aesthetic differences.  The Vanto has the frog built in line if you like that.  The visqueen base won't make a difference if you are setting the spa on a solid surface.  Rodents can't get in there unless you put it on something like pea gravel, which I would not recommend for that spa.

Can't comment on the Marquis, but I'm sure that it a great tub, and their pre-delivery instructions would probably say that they want a solid flat surface as well.

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 06:33:37 pm »
You're looking at all reputable brands, but here are some other things you may consider. There is 1 year longer equipment and plumbing warranty on the Marquis 750, 2 speed 56 frame pumps on both pumps on the Marquis (1 of the pumps is single speed on Rhythm and Vanto), and you have a 2 filter system on the Marquis, higher jet count on the Marquis and it also has 2 diverter valves for adjusting more or less power to certain seats.  I think the Vanto/Rhythm only has on/off air controls if I'm not mistaken.  Also, the Marquis is made in Oregon vs Mexico on the Vanto/Rhythm.  Good luck in your search!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 06:59:28 pm »
I sell both Caldera and Marquis. Main differences are what pretty much what markee explained above. Both are good tubs but the marquis is the overall better tub. The Marquis is probably at the bottom dollar price wise. There maybe a little movement on the vanto or rhythm. 750 is less then what I sell them for and the vanto is inline with what I sell it at. The 750 is going to have bigger jets and more of them while the vanto has smaller jets and only air controllers. All are solid tubs and should last a long time

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 11:17:40 pm »
Don't get confused by the bases.  You don't think rodents can chew through plastic?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 02:35:10 am »
We're trying to choose between these three for our first tub.  I prefer the Vanto because of the comfort level and the foot jets I experienced during the wet test.  A big concern I have is about the durability of the visquine base.  Am I right in thinking that the Marquis e-750 would provide better protection from rodents?   We have a rat issue in our neighborhood.  The prices are similar - $6,500 for the Vanto and $700-ish for the other two.  We know we're supposed to negotiate but neither one of us is really good at it.  Any tips about that would be really appreciated, too.  The dealers all seem respectful and helpful, especially the Caldera and Marquis guys, who own their own stores and have been doing it for 15+ years.   Please do respond if you have an opinion.  I''ve been reading the posts on this forum and am impressed by he level of support and guidance people have given to each other. Many thanks.

Good brands and you say good dealers so go with your gut!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

spamom50

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 11:48:41 am »
Thanks so much for your responses about our potential tubs.  It sounds like they're all good tubs, but the Marquis is a bit better in some respects.   I did get the prices wrong, though (getting to the age where I need to write everything down).

The Vanto is being offered at $6,900 before any extras or tax. 
The Rhythm is $7,000 again, before anything extra given or tax. 
The E-750 is $7,995 including full foam or twilight lighting (our choice), a 2-step.  The total price is $9045.   

Is the E-750 still a fair price?  It's quite high compared to the other two tubs. 

Thanks again for your help. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 12:09:28 pm »
Thanks so much for your responses about our potential tubs.  It sounds like they're all good tubs, but the Marquis is a bit better in some respects.   I did get the prices wrong, though (getting to the age where I need to write everything down).

The E-750 is $7,995 including full foam or twilight lighting (our choice), a 2-step.  The total price is $9045.   

Is the E-750 still a fair price?  It's quite high compared to the other two tubs. 

Its always tough to give too much advice when there are noticeable price differences and its your budget in the end. Write down the plusses/minuses of each and then decide if the price difference matter and/or find a $$ equivalent on the higher priced end to compare to the E-750 or a lower priced Marquis to compare to the Vanto/Rhythm.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

MarKee

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 07:38:13 pm »
That's a good price, most dealers would sell the 750 closer to $8995 with no upgrades. Have you tried to negotiate at all with the Marquis dealer?  Perhaps they have something in stock or a way of getting the price down more depending on how you pay for it?  Full foam is not critical unless you are in a climate that could reach negative temperatures. They have a lot of insulation in them standard.  Can I ask what part of the country you are in?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 05:03:23 pm »

Those are fair pricing on all the tubs 

spamom50

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 12:53:47 pm »
Thanks for your feedback, MarKee and Hottuguy.  We're in San Francisco, so negative degree weather.   I didn't get to see what standard lighting is like in the Marquis because the floor model had the upgraded thigh light lighting.  Not sure whether to get that upgrade.  I'm about to wet test a Salina, the Caldera middle-tier hot tub that's similar in size to the e-750.  One thing I've been reading a lot about is that on the Vanto, the little silver jet rings come off.  In fact, a couple were floating around in the Vanto that we wet tested.  I thought that my kids had accidentally bumped them off, but it looks like this is a problem on the Vanto.  Thanks again for all your helpful input 😎

spamom50

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 12:55:46 pm »
Oops - sorry for the typos.  I'm using my iPhone to post.  I meant to write that in SF we have no negative degree weather, so maybe we don't need the extra foam.  Also, I meant twighlight lighting (although thigh light describes it well, too). 

MarKee

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2016, 02:22:48 pm »
The standard lighting on the Marquis looks excellent if you go with a lighter shell color.  Standard lighting is the one big bulb with 8 LEDs centered near the bottom of the spa, 2 LEDs behind the filter area, and LEDs in the 2 water features.  If you are going with a dark shell color and you want the water to really glow at night, you may want to upgrade to the Twilight Lighting.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 09:35:45 pm »
Thanks for your feedback, MarKee and Hottuguy.  We're in San Francisco, so negative degree weather.   I didn't get to see what standard lighting is like in the Marquis because the floor model had the upgraded thigh light lighting.  Not sure whether to get that upgrade.  I'm about to wet test a Salina, the Caldera middle-tier hot tub that's similar in size to the e-750.  One thing I've been reading a lot about is that on the Vanto, the little silver jet rings come off.  In fact, a couple were floating around in the Vanto that we wet tested.  I thought that my kids had accidentally bumped them off, but it looks like this is a problem on the Vanto.  Thanks again for all your helpful input 😎

I find myself hardly using the lights. I enjoy relaxing in the dark more so I hardly turn them on unless I'm getting in or out. As far as the jets popping off I haven't noticed that or had any complaints about that on the vanto. The Salina is a good tub as well but I'm guessing that tub will be pushing 10k judging by the prices you are getting from the caldera dealer. The 750 versus the Salina is a better comp then the 750 versus the vanto

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 09:35:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42