What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filter intake whistle  (Read 2667 times)

mrpenguin

Filter intake whistle
« on: August 25, 2016, 04:53:10 pm »
My Jacuzzi J-470 started whistling after the last water change.   After investigation, it is the "screen" under the circulation pump filter.  I removed the filter setup and if I carefully pressed the screen slightly, the whistle would stop.  Perhaps it is a vibration issue?   I also notice over time, that filter tightens more and more.  When we first got the tub, the pin keeping the micro filter and normal filter together pointed to the center of the tub.   Since it is working its way to the back.  I don't overtighten, just until it snugs up.  Any tips on these?   My initial thought on the whistle is just to cut out the screen and move on.

Hot Tub Forum

Filter intake whistle
« on: August 25, 2016, 04:53:10 pm »

mrpenguin

Re: Filter intake whistle
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 01:15:28 pm »
Quick follow-up.

The whistle made it impossible to sit in the tub and relax while the circulation pump was running.   Sorta like after the main jets stop, just sit and relax.  There was not relaxing with that whistle.  Did some more investigation today.   It is obviously that screen/grid in the intake hole under the circulation pump filter.  It does not look like it can be removed, or I was too scared to break it.   In the end, I took a tiny bit of waterproof grease I use on my softener and put it on that grid in a few places.   That seemed to eliminate the sound.   I am pretty sure there must be a hairline crack in that grid, but no chance I can see it.  Odd they have the screen in the one filter intake, but not the other - it is just a gaping hole.

Whatever the cause, at least it seems the waterproof grease has silenced the whistle.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Filter intake whistle
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 01:15:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42