What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bromine At 48.6Ppm!  (Read 1568 times)

flyoffacliff

Bromine At 48.6Ppm!
« on: September 01, 2016, 05:07:41 pm »
I was having trouble getting the bromine to dissolve from the floater, but when I heat the tub, it disappears and the levels sky rocket! Now, my water is cloudy, and when I get out, my skin is dry, itchy, and smells like chemicals. The bromine reading from the pool store was 48.6PPM!! They want me to drain and refill. Now I have to keep taking the floater out. Is there someway to calculate how fast the bromine should be dissolving. Keeping it between 2 and 4PPM is a joke, it's hard enough to keep it between 0.2 and 40PPM.

I also just got my new electronic pH meter calibrated. The other day, it said 6.5 before my soak, and 7.3 after. I think it went up because of aeration with the low alkalinity (30 to 70). Now my meter says 7.7, but it said 8.6 at the pool store, I think because of the high bromine.

EDIT: The lady at the pool store also said with chlorine, you don't need the floater, you can just toss some in after using the hot tub. But can't you do this with bromine? Should I?

Hot Tub Forum

Bromine At 48.6Ppm!
« on: September 01, 2016, 05:07:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42