What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thinking about taking the plunge on a Caldera Niagara  (Read 5999 times)

eharper

Thinking about taking the plunge on a Caldera Niagara
« on: August 21, 2016, 07:16:46 pm »
Hello all.  This is my first post here even though I have been lurking for a few weeks now.  Like many of you I signed up to ask a question that it seems many of us have had.  What is a fair price for the hot tub?  I was quoted 14K for the Caldera Niagara today in NE Ohio.  From the posts I have found I thought that seemed a bit high, but looking back at the dates I thought maybe there have been enough changes since the most recent post I can find of a few years back that posted what they were quoted.  I was ready to sign the dotted line for anything near the 9000 mark, but 14K was a far cry from that.  I didn't even try to negotiate yet, because I wanted to make sure I am not that far off base.  As all of us do I just want a fair deal, and I do understand I can't ask the business to go broke for me.  Thank you all for taking time to read my ramblings and I look forward to your replies.

Hot Tub Forum

Thinking about taking the plunge on a Caldera Niagara
« on: August 21, 2016, 07:16:46 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Thinking about taking the plunge on a Caldera Niagara
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 09:58:03 pm »
What was included at that price?

eharper

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 10:19:01 pm »
What was included at that price?

Steps, cover, and delivery were the only things included.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 07:43:01 am »
Welcome to the forum fellow Buckeye. Where are you shopping Erie or Cleveland, possibly Ashtabula?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

eharper

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 07:51:32 am »
Welcome to the forum fellow Buckeye. Where are you shopping Erie or Cleveland, possibly Ashtabula?

This quote was out of Erie.  If it is off base I will be checking Mentor and Willoughby.

Bfc56

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 12:21:18 pm »
I am in the GTA and was quoted this

2016 Niagara -   $13,499+hst
delivery -included
cover-included
chemical starter kit-included
50 amp GFCI-included
polymer steps -$179+hst
lifter $399+hst

your price $13,499+hst  includes all accessories

Hope this helps

eharper

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 01:05:18 pm »

delivery -included
cover-included
50 amp GFCI-included
polymer steps -$179+hst
lifter $399+hst

Hope this helps

That brings it to around $10,500 USD.  It looks like I should definitely negotiate with them a bit. 

To add even more complexity to an already difficult decision, the local Marquis dealer called and said they have a special on their Euphoria.  $9,000 will get steps, choice of 2 upgrades, cover, delivery, and chemical start up kit.  We looked at both tubs and are completely split 50/50 on which one to go with.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 07:37:37 pm »

delivery -included
cover-included
50 amp GFCI-included
polymer steps -$179+hst
lifter $399+hst

Hope this helps

That brings it to around $10,500 USD.  It looks like I should definitely negotiate with them a bit. 

To add even more complexity to an already difficult decision, the local Marquis dealer called and said they have a special on their Euphoria.  $9,000 will get steps, choice of 2 upgrades, cover, delivery, and chemical start up kit.  We looked at both tubs and are completely split 50/50 on which one to go with.
Niagara price is high. About 1500-2000 you should be able to negotiate. The euphoria price is incredibly low. I would jump all over that

richierich

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 08:30:18 pm »
This is a no brainer, go for the Euphoria

simonsez1

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 08:46:36 pm »

delivery -included
cover-included
50 amp GFCI-included
polymer steps -$179+hst
lifter $399+hst

Hope this helps

That is weird, I'm also looking at those 2 tubs and in Canada I got a quote of $12,500 for the Euphoria and $11,500 for the Niagara…….this pricing is all over the place depending on where you live ???

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 12:05:54 am »
Both tubs should be priced about the same depending on what options you are getting. What's the exchange rate in Canada these days?  Think both prices you are getting are really good Canadian.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 07:28:42 am »

This quote was out of Erie.  If it is off base I will be checking Mentor and Willoughby.

Living up there in the snowbelt I definitely recommend you put the tub as close to your back door as you can, that way you will be more likely to use it this winter.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

d00nut

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 12:01:17 pm »
Just so everyone is clear.  I am a new Caldera dealer now and I believe with the redesign of the Utopia series, the Caldera price certainly in line.

Pre-redesign, it would have been high.  It looks as if there was a significant increase in cost for 2016 with the new style.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 12:01:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42