What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help me decide - Coleman or Marquis  (Read 2876 times)

nwboomer

Help me decide - Coleman or Marquis
« on: July 27, 2004, 04:56:03 pm »
We're ready to buy but have two deals we need to choose from. Dealer 1 has a Coleman Model c105 which they "say" retails for $5700 but offering for $3999.

Dealer 2 has a Marquis "Everyday" model 415 offering for $3995 plus $200 chemical kit and $100 off a cover lifter.

We like the Marquis quality but this model is the stripped-down version withought the Low-E wrap, so we're wondering if our electrical bill would be higher for the Marquis than the coleman.

My wife likes the coleman because of the steel frame and the no maintenance side panels.  But we're not sure how energy efficient the Coleman would be compared to the Marquis.

Would appreciate recommendations as to which appears the be the better deal in the long run. Thanks - NWBoomers

Hot Tub Forum

Help me decide - Coleman or Marquis
« on: July 27, 2004, 04:56:03 pm »

rick

Re: Help me decide - Coleman or Marquis
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 05:41:31 pm »
I've owned the Coleman 480 for a half year now.  My monthly electric bill runs $20 extra a month.  I know this because my old spa used to run about $60 extra a month.  
I hear Marquis is well liked also too.  But if you're worried about electric bills, don't worry about the Coleman.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 09:43:42 am »
 Hi nwboomer,
The Coleman 105 model is a litttle workhorse of a spa!
I've sold many of them over the years and it's just a great spa.
In a North Dakota winter that spa should run you about $20.00 to $25.00 per month in the coldest months to run.
The great thing about Coleman is we don't use different parts and components for our basic level spa's as some companies do.
Their are some differences however with the 100 series spas
At this point in time the 100 series doesn't have the galvalume steel frame. They still have a pressure treated wood structure.
The warranty is differerent on the 100 series. But like I said before this is a little workhorse of a spa, and has had very few service issues over the years.
The price they quoted is below the best price our store could do for that spa, so.... if the spa fits you, BUY IT!!!
I beleive from what I've heard over the years that Maquis builds a very good product as well. Wet test both if you can.
Take care, let me know if you have any other questions on th e 105...

Spahappy

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 09:43:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42