What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Fair price on Hot Spring Sovereign?  (Read 19645 times)

abruzzopat

Fair price on Hot Spring Sovereign?
« on: August 15, 2016, 01:00:22 pm »
First time buyer here, thanks for any help you might have. We have been doing a lot of looking at (and getting into) tubs the past few weeks, and are really unsure of the pricing strategy that dealers use. It seems a lot like buying a car which I always dread doing.  :P

One tub which we are considering is the Hot Spring Sovereign. The quote we have (standard cover, delivered, no options) is $11,700. I did see this price in a thread from 2014: http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php?topic=17324.0

Obviously a floor model, but significantly lower price. Can anyone tell me what a fair price would be on this tub?

Thanks again!

Hot Tub Forum

Fair price on Hot Spring Sovereign?
« on: August 15, 2016, 01:00:22 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Fair price on Hot Spring Sovereign?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 07:16:37 pm »
12k for a 1 pump 33" high tub...Hot Springs & their dealer base is out of their mind trying to get that out of a Sovereign...any other options locally? there is about a dozen or more spas that offer WAAAY more value for that type of money

abruzzopat

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 07:42:12 pm »
I double checked and the sovereign is 2 pumps (three counting the circulation pump). There are other options where I live, but what I'm hoping for (and maybe this is asking too much) is that folks on the forum will help me understand whether almost $12k is too much for this tub, not whether there are better tubs out there.

@BullFrogSpasMN: Thanks for the reply, but based on your handle, I wonder if you are not biased? We tested a Bullfrog, but quoted prices were even higher.

Thanks again!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 10:49:13 pm »
I double checked and the sovereign is 2 pumps (three counting the circulation pump). There are other options where I live, but what I'm hoping for (and maybe this is asking too much) is that folks on the forum will help me understand whether almost $12k is too much for this tub, not whether there are better tubs out there.

@BullFrogSpasMN: Thanks for the reply, but based on your handle, I wonder if you are not biased? We tested a Bullfrog, but quoted prices were even higher.

Thanks again!

It incredibly crazy high. It's not a dual pump it's a single pump plus circulation pump. Up until about 4-6 months ago bullfrogmm was a hot springs dealer so he would know costs better then me but that is a 9k priced tub tops

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 12:08:33 am »
Ultimately every dealer sets their own pricing based on a number of circumstances.  However, the way I look at it is that the Sovereign is a high-end "single jet pump" spa.  So, it does command a higher price point just due to the features.  One of our most popular spas for us is a Jetsetter NXT (highlife) which routinely goes over $10k.  The Jetsetter is tiny compared to the Sovereign!  But is it worth it?

I personally find the Sovereign more than powerful for the jets within.  The height is also something that is somewhat unique for that big of a hot tub (a lot of elderly folks like the 33" height versus the taller 36")

I'll politely disagree with you BFMN  ;)  You know I love you!  I sell both Bullfrog and Hot Spring, but I would say if that is a before tax price and you aren't financing, you may be able to do a bit better.  If that is with tax and has options, it is certainly in the realm of what I and my colleagues are looking for.

I thought we got away from this craziness about Horsepower and Jet count/jet pump count?!  That doesn't mean jack-crap if the spa feels awesome.  Otherwise, Artesian would be the best brand out there... or ThermoSpas for that matter!

abruzzopat

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 09:36:25 am »
Thanks all. My bad about the number of pumps... my head is spinning with all the tubs we have looked at. Unfortunately, the Sovereign is one of the tubs we have only dry tested. Is there a noticeable difference in force from the jets compared to the Vanguard (which we did wet test)?

We don't need two moto massagers.

Also, the $11,700 was before tax, no options (other than startup chems).

Thanks again!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 09:20:55 pm »
Thanks all. My bad about the number of pumps... my head is spinning with all the tubs we have looked at. Unfortunately, the Sovereign is one of the tubs we have only dry tested. Is there a noticeable difference in force from the jets compared to the Vanguard (which we did wet test)?

We don't need two moto massagers.

Also, the $11,700 was before tax, no options (other than startup chems).

Thanks again!

Only you will be able to answe that question. Does the dealer have a sovereign you can test?

d00nut

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 09:41:00 pm »

To me there is very little difference in how it feels other than the Vanguard has the hip jets on the side of the moto message.  On paper, the Vanguard looks more powerful, but the feel is about the same to me.  As everyone here suggests... wet test if you can!  See if the dealer will do it for you!

abruzzopat

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 10:24:49 am »
Thanks again for the feedback folks.

Sollylogger

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 02:34:58 pm »
I was just offered a price of 10,300 on a Sovereign which included delivery, set up, chemicals, cover and steps.  Is there room for negotiation?

pmang

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 03:15:04 pm »
I paid less than that for a Hot Spring Aria (in stock)... So yes, you should be able to do a little better

d00nut

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 11:43:53 pm »
I want to make you feel good pmang!  But know that most Hot Spring dealers couldn't sell for that low.  As a Hot Spring dealer, I can't sell an Aria for lower than $10,300.  No way.  No shame in asking Sollylogger, see how willing they are to go low, but know that is certainly in the realm of what real people pay for that spa.  Does it include a lifter as well?

pmang

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 12:13:46 pm »
I want to make you feel good pmang!  But know that most Hot Spring dealers couldn't sell for that low.  As a Hot Spring dealer, I can't sell an Aria for lower than $10,300.  No way.  No shame in asking Sollylogger, see how willing they are to go low, but know that is certainly in the realm of what real people pay for that spa.  Does it include a lifter as well?

I do feel very good about the package I received!!... Yes, it did come with a lifter (Covermate III), steps, delivery, starter chems... $10,100 +tax.

It was an in-stock model so I couldn't pick colors. That is where the big savings came in. If I wanted to order a different combo, it would have been well over $1k more. Luckily, the color combo was exactly what I would have picked! Another dealer offered one at $10,900.

It was a great deal from a fantastic dealer!

JustAnotherNewbie

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2016, 01:12:09 am »
Smoking deal!

abruzzopat

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2016, 06:04:36 pm »
Just wanted to follow up... I do appreciate the feedback which gave me a bit more confidence talking to my local dealer about pricing. Eventually, he priced the Sovereign at about $9,800. I ended up buying a different tub from him, and feel we made a fair deal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2016, 06:04:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42