What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Vs Jacuzzi (Pulse, Rhythm, J-345, J-385)  (Read 8052 times)

AtomicVoice

Hot Spring Vs Jacuzzi (Pulse, Rhythm, J-345, J-385)
« on: August 12, 2016, 10:26:17 am »
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading around the forums and learning a lot but still have some trouble. I am looking into getting a open style tub with no lounge. I like the idea of a 7ft or larger tub that is at least 36 inch deep.  I am 6'4 and need the extra space. The other people that will be getting in the tub are also tall. I am running into problems trying to figure out what model to pick, the cleaning of the water and getting the most bang for my buck. The two places I have here locally are Hot Spring and Jacuzzi. Both look great but I am not sure what one to go with and what is better with each model. I am not that concerned about how many jets there are or the type of jets. I normally turn off the jets or set them on a very low setting when in a tub. Here is the ones I am looking at so far:
Hot Springs Hot Spot Rhythm - $6k
Hot Springs Limelight Pulse - $10k
Jacuzzi J-345 - $7500
Jacuzzi J-385 - $9k

I like the idea of the ACE system for the Pulse but is it worth the extra money now and when I need to update it? I could also do without this and I hear you can get the water to a super clean level using silver ion? I would like to avoid high use the chemicals to avoid skin irritation.  Will the Rhythm keep the water as clean as the Pulse or the Jacuzzi tubs? I see the Jacuzzi tubs have a system called ClearRay. How does this compare to the Hot Spring filtration? How is the build quality of each?

Any help you can give between Hot Spring and Jacuzzi will really help.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Vs Jacuzzi (Pulse, Rhythm, J-345, J-385)
« on: August 12, 2016, 10:26:17 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hot Spring Vs Jacuzzi (Pulse, Rhythm, J-345, J-385)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 11:57:57 am »
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading around the forums and learning a lot but still have some trouble. I am looking into getting a open style tub with no lounge. I like the idea of a 7ft or larger tub that is at least 36 inch deep.  I am 6'4 and need the extra space. The other people that will be getting in the tub are also tall. I am running into problems trying to figure out what model to pick, the cleaning of the water and getting the most bang for my buck. The two places I have here locally are Hot Spring and Jacuzzi. Both look great but I am not sure what one to go with and what is better with each model. I am not that concerned about how many jets there are or the type of jets. I normally turn off the jets or set them on a very low setting when in a tub. Here is the ones I am looking at so far:
Hot Springs Hot Spot Rhythm - $6k
Hot Springs Limelight Pulse - $10k
Jacuzzi J-345 - $7500
Jacuzzi J-385 - $9k

I like the idea of the ACE system for the Pulse but is it worth the extra money now and when I need to update it? I could also do without this and I hear you can get the water to a super clean level using silver ion? I would like to avoid high use the chemicals to avoid skin irritation.  Will the Rhythm keep the water as clean as the Pulse or the Jacuzzi tubs? I see the Jacuzzi tubs have a system called ClearRay. How does this compare to the Hot Spring filtration? How is the build quality of each?

Any help you can give between Hot Spring and Jacuzzi will really help.

Thanks!

All of those will filter similarly. Clearray is just a UV ozonator, you can add ozone to any of the others to make things even so don't worry about that. Ace is a chlorine generator but you can do that on your own to keep the price down. Silver ions work fine WHEN in conjunction with a chlorine routine so don't sweat that idea and don't think of it as some type of silver bullet (pun intended).

All you really need to do at this point is schedule a wet test at both places and use those results heavily in your main decision making.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

scoobywagon02

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 03:31:23 pm »
Do they have water in any of these models? I would consider the J385 for that price it is a steal. You are going to be much more comfortable in the J385 because of your height. The ACE cell will cost you roughly $800 to replace and the average life is 2-3 years. The plus side is you will spend much less yearly on chemicals so it is basically a wash. You definitely have more square footage in the Jacuzzi filter which is (2) 60 sq ft filters vs a single 65 sq ft in the Hot Spring. Clear ray bulbs will run you around $100 and they recommend changing it yearly. You are looking at great brands so you can't really go wrong either way. You should run chlorine in my opinion. If you administer it properly in the correct amount it generally will not irritate skin but everyone is different. Bang for the buck would be the 385 in my opinion and would accommodate your height very well. The 345 is going to be tight. You also get a 5 year warranty which to me is worth its weight in gold. Just my 2 cents....

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 04:49:45 pm »
at 6'4" the Rhythm will be to small for you...the Pulse will be deep enough for your height, but make sure you try the seats directly next to the filter area, if you have broad shoulders those will be tight as well in that particular model...I've never soaked in either of those Jacuzzi models so someone else will have to comment...Build quality between a Pulse and either of those Jacuzzi's will be very similar as well as warranty.  Good Luck!

scoobywagon02

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 02:36:47 pm »
Soaking in J345 vs a J385 is almost identical in terms of jet configuration. The price they are giving him on the J385 is really good. In my opinion you do it once and if you have the room go for it. You are going to be much more comfortable in the J385 which is the bottom line. The jets are very adjustable. You can have air on or off and every jet can be turned on or off in Jacuzzi. You can also put the spa in what I call "tranquil" mode and just have the waterfall running while you soak with no jets on at all. You can not adjust the small jets on the pulse they are always on but the pulse has a high speed/low speed pump so you could put it on low speed and soak. Based on pricing you supplied my money would be on the J385 all day.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 03:58:32 pm »
 Pretty much what everyone else said, and a big plus one on that Jacuzzi pricing, it is very good! 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 03:58:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42