What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How do you put an odd shaped hot tub in the deck?  (Read 2334 times)

cindyleigh

How do you put an odd shaped hot tub in the deck?
« on: August 13, 2016, 11:27:06 am »
I think I've decided on the Marquis Mirage, which has an odd shape.

Now I am working on where it will go.  The spot is against the house where I now have a partly demolished planting bed and sod.  My plan is to extend our deck to include the hot tub but I am quite flexible.

Is it best to have an odd shaped hot tub sit on the deck (the Mirage has two straight sides so it could tuck into a corner), so that the shape/style is appreciated, or to have it recessed into the deck?  Its a low deck, so I could have it sit on the ground at the corner of the deck, with the two curvy sides exposed and the two straight side recessed it into the deck....but that may look odd.

In general, do people prefer to have a hot tub sit on the deck, with people climbing in ....or recessed into the deck so that you lower yourself in.  I think if you lower yourself in and the deck has a rail, then it may block your view.

Hot Tub Forum

How do you put an odd shaped hot tub in the deck?
« on: August 13, 2016, 11:27:06 am »

scoobywagon02

Re: How do you put an odd shaped hot tub in the deck?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 02:40:15 pm »
If you recess a spa in a deck it can provide challenges for service in the future. If you ever want to get a larger tub you will be married to the size you cut out for that specific model. I would put the spa directly on the deck or off to side and remove a railing so you step down into it. You could also just have it stand alone next to the deck. If you are in a climate that has rough winters keep in mind that you will want to have it as close to the door as you can to limit the distance to get to the spa.

MarKee

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 03:20:51 pm »
Congrats, the Mirage is a really nice tub!  You could always build the deck around the cut corner sides of the Mirage, but you will need to leave an access door to get to the equipment.   It would probably be easiest to leave it on top of the deck, and perhaps you could get some of the nice matching Marquis Environments pieces for steps in to the tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 03:20:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42