What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie looking for a new tub.  (Read 2192 times)

Mebunkeryou

Newbie looking for a new tub.
« on: July 18, 2016, 09:47:40 pm »
I bought my first home 3 years ago and it came with a working hot tub. It is a 325 ga PDC Monterey, probably from the 90's. It is my first spa and I've fallen in love...actually my wife has. It's worked fine but definitely time for an upgrade. We live in cold cold Minnesota and were very surprised at the efficiency of this old spa as my wife keeps it 104!!! The current spa is wired for 220v and is 89" x 89". We are looking for something very similar in size as it fits on our patio perfectly, and would like at least one lounge seat. Trying to keep it under $5000, I know what your thinking. My wife wants to buy one from costco as it comes with free shipping!! Moving into place and electrical is not a problem as myself and friends can tackle that. I can dispose of old spa myself as well. After reading reviews on costco I don't believe their tubs are built for Minnesota winters. A family friend has recommended a masterspa, which I've also read mixed reviews about. The state fair, which is quite large here, is coming up and seems to be a good time to buy. Looking for suggestions as far as efficiency,  size and price go. Let me here it!

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie looking for a new tub.
« on: July 18, 2016, 09:47:40 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Newbie looking for a new tub.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 11:25:20 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  I have no personal experience with hot tubs from Costco but the one thing  I have never heard is that they are particulary energy efficient.  But that could be old news and as I said, no personal experience.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Newbie looking for a new tub.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 11:25:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42