What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bahia price range???  (Read 5039 times)

mellisa

Bahia price range???
« on: July 21, 2004, 10:24:10 pm »
Hi All!! I am new to this board. I have been reading & taking notes.  After some wet testing, we are pretty sure we want to get the Bahia, but want to pay a fair price. Any help we can get will be most appreciated.  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

Bahia price range???
« on: July 21, 2004, 10:24:10 pm »

scout045

Re: Bahia price range???
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 03:03:55 am »
Good choice. We paid 5499.00 which included cover, steps, chemicals, GFCI breaker box, cover lift, LED light (a must have) and our dealer gave us some x-tra spinning jets.  They can interchange with the fixed jets. Its fun to experiment with changing them around.We also got the micro-filter but that was an extra $75. We really shopped around and if you like that foot dome model you won't find a better buy.  Good luck.

mellisa

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 08:33:37 am »
Scout, Thanks so much for your reply. They have 5500.00 on it. It comes with the cover, lift, steps & some start up chem's. I told my hubby that I wanted the lights. I think we should get more info on the micro-filter you mention. For the price it appears to be a great spa for us. We did some wet testing last night & I slept like a dream. Thanks again. Melissa

scout045

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 01:03:32 pm »
You're very welcome Mellisa. I knew there were other Bahia fans out there. I'll bet your dealer will throw in the light.  Be sure if you get the Micro-filter, to keep your regular one since it comes with it. That way you have a spare and one to use while your cleaning your other one. Good luck in your purchase. By the way, what color did you get?

mellisa

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 07:37:08 pm »
I like the color we saw on the floor. Not sure of the name but it is a tan combination. We have not made the final deal yet. We wanted to go tonight but couldn't make it happen. So much to do, so little time ;D

scout045

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 08:24:11 pm »
Silly me! I realized after I wrote that, that you never said you bought one yet. It sounds like you like the same color we bought.  The sahara shell which is sand color.(Hence the name) Not sure about the outside.  We have the sierra outside (looks like redwood) The light colors show the LED light better. I think that's a popular choice in color. Well, have fun with your shopping.

mellisa

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 07:13:55 pm »
Scout, We just got home from making the deal. We should have it in a week or so :D I think we got the same color as yours. It is a sand color. We also got the lights & the fancy jets.  Melissa

scout045

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 08:08:33 pm »
Very cool. I wish you many days of happy hot-tubbing!

Judy

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 09:48:56 pm »
My husband and I have recently started looking for a hot tub.  There is a lot to consider.  So far, the Bahia is our first choice, too.  Where did you get your price of $5499?  We are in north-central Ohio.  Any help?  Thanks

scout045

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2004, 11:19:41 pm »
Washington state

mellisa

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2004, 11:25:53 pm »
Judy, We live in N.W. Ohio. We paid 5500.00 with all the extras including the color change lights & the spinning jets in the 2 rear seats. I cannot wait.

Scout, Thanks for your wish of happy hot-tubbing. I know that we will enjoy it very much.  Thanks again for your help.

Melissa

scout045

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2004, 12:17:49 am »
Judy, I bet that sounds a lot better than WA state. LOL Good luck on your shopping and you're welcome Mellisa.
Scout

Constance

• I love my Bahia
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2004, 02:35:14 pm »
Dear Scout,
Did you have any problems with the ourside of your tub scratching/marking easily.  I was going to get this tub until I saw our friend's tub.  It had white marks/scratches that had gone thur the ourside finish of the tub base. Have you had this problem?  I really liked the rest of the tub.

Constance

• I love my Bahia
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2004, 02:37:31 pm »
Dear Scott,
I ment to type OUTSIDE---not OURSIDE!!  Typo!  :-/ ;D HAHA

scout045

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2004, 03:28:31 pm »
I haven't had mine long enough really to know, only a couple of months, but the outside is designed to be maintainance free.  It's made of UV resistant thermal plastic. I suppose if you were to use something sharp around it, it would scratch, but common sense would be to take care of it.  Most people keep sharp objects away from their hot tubs. Do your friends have a dog? Things don't scratch on there own, something is scratching it, I don't care what they tell you.  Think of it as going out and buying a new car.  You are going to get scratches on it if you aren't careful, right?  I believe the benefit of having plastic siding  out-weighs the risks of scratching it.  But I do no that it doesn't scratch easily because I already had an incident with my dog jumping on the siding with her long toenails. I was afraid to look but there were no marks. I think you would enjoy a Bahia if you bought one. I think the siding veries by design but is very similar on most of the hot tubs.  But then I could be wrong. Maybe more experienced people would know more about this.  Hope this helps.....Scout

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2004, 03:28:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42