What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ol' Terminator Has a New Gig  (Read 6518 times)

Time Machine Hot Tubs

Ol' Terminator Has a New Gig
« on: July 07, 2016, 02:00:46 pm »
Hello to all my old cyber amigos from the Great State of Texas!  I just wanted to re-introduce myself to all the members of the board under the name of my new hot tub company, Time Machine Hot Tubs.  Most of ya'll know me as Chris or Terminator, but I have recently had the opportunity to open my own establishment along with two of my former co-workers.  We are the local dealer for Bullfrog Spas and Hydropool Hot Tubs.  I'm still in East Texas but have made a lot of changes the last few years.  Anyways, I'm still here to help and try to spread a little good cheer along the way :)

Hot Tub Forum

Ol' Terminator Has a New Gig
« on: July 07, 2016, 02:00:46 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Ol' Terminator Has a New Gig
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 02:09:57 pm »
Termy,

Great to see you. If nothing else it will get more interesting here !
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Time Machine Hot Tubs

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 02:13:47 pm »
Thank you for your help in bringing me back into the fold, sir!  I injured my funny bone a few years ago but have been in re-hab trying to get back to full strength.  My Photoshop skills have improved greatly but my love life is no longer percolating, so I would only ask that everyone bear with me until I get up to speed.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 02:43:15 pm »
Welcome back, glad to see another Bullfrog dealer on board :-)

Time Machine Hot Tubs

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 02:48:44 pm »
Thank you, sir!  This is certainly a different industry than when many of us started.  I've been in it 17 years now, not as many as some folks on here, but it has changed dramatically over the last few years.

Term

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 02:55:52 pm »
I don't know if you remember, I joined this forum back in 2003 when I bought my Dynasty.  While I did get 10 years of use out of it, I was glad to see it carted off.  I've been watching Bullfrog with interest, but it had been from afar and watching people's posting here.   When I bought my 2nd tub in 2012, We really only had 2 major dealers here in Columbus.  One dealer was Sundance/Jacuzzi, and the other was Hot Springs and other.    I gave the HS Vanguard serious consideration and had it down to it and a Jacuzzi 365 I think it was?  Might have been a different model, but my wife floated in that one severely, so our sales guy, who provided one of teh best sales experiences I have ever had, let us test everything in the store that we wanted.  After about 8 models,  I noticed the Sundance Majesta and thought it looked nice. It was smaller than our first and most we looked at. It was filled 2 days later, we tried it, loved it and have had it for 3 years now.

Since then that HS dealer, Scioto Valley of Columbus, a long time recognized and respected dealer here has added the Bullfrog line, so I've finally had the opportunity to look at one.

Speaking of your love life, what was your nickname for the Mrs? Old ball of Meaness was it?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Water Boy

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 03:04:36 pm »
Term,

How are all dem spas gonna filter all that water without the 100% no bypass filtration now? Sell them extra clarifier maybe?  ;) I was sold to believe that was the only way to filter the spas properly!! ;)

Just kidding of course. I saw in the last spa magazine a quote from you in there, and it didn't list your old dealership. Did some google searches, and saw you were a Bullfrog guy now. Congrats on opening your own store!

Ed
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 03:29:34 pm »
Looking forward to going toe to toe with you on the famous BF quotes "90% less plumbing" and "less moving parts"
Retired

Time Machine Hot Tubs

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 04:06:15 pm »
Bill: Ol' Meanness.  The baby girl was the Tiny Ball of Hate.  Ol' Meanness is meaner than ever but baby girl growed up right.

Waterboy:  I'm working on solving that issue.  Needless to say, I am a little older, somewhat wiser to the ways of the world, and considerably less hard-headed now that I've seen what goes on behind the curtains.

Tman:  I am no longer a spa snob and I have realized that spas are pretty much boxes of water...some are great, some are turdlets, but no one out there has designed the perfect hot tub yet, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Good to see all of ya'll!  It's been kinda busy around here today but I'll try to keep up when I can :)

Term

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 04:11:51 pm »
Welcome back buddy. I had you figured for jumping ship to Haven if the time ever came for a brand change but BF makes sense as well since you've had the "B" part nailed down long ago!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:05:46 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 05:32:39 pm »
Term,

How are all dem spas gonna filter all that water without the 100% no bypass filtration now? Sell them extra clarifier maybe?  ;) I was sold to believe that was the only way to filter the spas properly!! ;)

Just kidding of course. I saw in the last spa magazine a quote from you in there, and it didn't list your old dealership. Did some google searches, and saw you were a Bullfrog guy now. Congrats on opening your own store!

Ed

increase the margin on Bright & Clear....duh!   hahahaha j/k

Time Machine Hot Tubs

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 05:39:58 pm »
Thank you, Spatech.  When Haven made the move to Europe a few years ago, I knew the US market would be wide open for new business and so I've just been biding my time.

Term

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 06:05:11 pm »
  Welcome back,  I hope everything works out well for you!    So they must not of had you sign a non-compete?  Also I need a can for my AR-15, I know you Texas boys always have a few lying around..    Just shoot me a pm  ;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 09:28:32 pm »
Welcome back buddy. I had you figured for jumping ship to Haven if the time ever came for a brand change but BF makes sense as well since you've had the "B" part nailed down long ago!

Oh, dam you said Haven.  Throw some salt over your shoulder, go to a confessional, or hang a horseshoe over your door.  If you just summored  the devil, I'm coming to have a chat with you.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 09:50:23 pm »
Tman:  I am no longer a spa snob and I have realized that spas are pretty much boxes of water...some are great, some are turdlets, but no one out there has designed the perfect hot tub yet, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Term

I disagree, I got a buddy used rebar and gunite to make a tub. Playing with extra material (was a brick layer by trade) Super quiet with the pumps/heater away from the tub, and it's concrete. Built in steps, easy access, very comfortable laid back seats. A thick epoxy surface that seemed softer than acrylic. Perfect fit for me, the best I've sat in. But not very portable. Beautiful private lake view...Big fire pit on the shore...fridge...loons...

Nice to have you back...
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 09:50:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42