What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Very New to this forum  (Read 4722 times)

rebel97

Very New to this forum
« on: August 11, 2016, 06:10:01 pm »
Hello everyone, total nub here. I live in Little Rock Arkansas. This weekend (Saturday), I plan to purchase an "American Select Spa's, Key West model" hot tub. Does anyone know anything about this company tub model? It looks to be well made with a good warranty. So are there any gotcha's I need to know about? I still have time to look someplace else. Thanks in advance for your help.

rebel97

Hot Tub Forum

Very New to this forum
« on: August 11, 2016, 06:10:01 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Very New to this forum
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 11:12:30 pm »
Look like another Tennessee manufactured tub.  Shells are almost identical to life's great, dr wellness and signature spas.  Looks like a spinoff from one of those. Did you wet test it?  Did you open up the cabinet and check out the insulation and how it looks put together?  Website is awful. Doesn't really give you many specifics. Does it usually sell for 9k but you can by it there for 4K?

rebel97

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 12:23:28 am »
The dealer in Little Rock had two of these sitting side by side. One empty and one full.My wife and I sat in the dry one and it fit us and was very comfortable. We are both on the shorter side. Then we checked out the one full of water. All the jets are fully adjustable and with a 6hp 2 speed pump water flow and pressure seemed very good. I also looked inside the cabinet. It was well insulated with a sturdy frame and all components seemed well laid out. I realize its not a top of the line brand, but has the features my wife and I were looking for. I'm not sure of the regular price on this tub, but out the door delivered price is $4,500. And that does fit into our retirement budget. I was hoping with a good maintenance schedule this tub might last for a while.

rebel97     

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 08:17:57 am »
The dealer in Little Rock had two of these sitting side by side. One empty and one full.My wife and I sat in the dry one and it fit us and was very comfortable. We are both on the shorter side. Then we checked out the one full of water. All the jets are fully adjustable and with a 6hp 2 speed pump water flow and pressure seemed very good. I also looked inside the cabinet. It was well insulated with a sturdy frame and all components seemed well laid out. I realize its not a top of the line brand, but has the features my wife and I were looking for. I'm not sure of the regular price on this tub, but out the door delivered price is $4,500. And that does fit into our retirement budget. I was hoping with a good maintenance schedule this tub might last for a while.

rebel97   

Value tubs last for around 5-8 years before they start to fail. But usually cost almost double for electricity to operate over that life span. No such thing as a 6hp pump. Maybe 6bhp. I think that's 3.5hp. I would recommend you wet test it along with some others.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 08:17:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42