What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ecco spas, original hard cover spas  (Read 4203 times)

EMC

Ecco spas, original hard cover spas
« on: July 16, 2016, 05:09:52 pm »
We saw these at a home show and really like the concept, it was comfortable to sit it...we can't find any reviews of them on the Web since 2010.  Please, does anyone out there have some insights to share?  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Ecco spas, original hard cover spas
« on: July 16, 2016, 05:09:52 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Ecco spas, original hard cover spas
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 09:16:57 pm »
Some of them are private label South Pacific roto molded tubs and the acrylic ones are made by strong spas. Usually can get way more quality and bang for your buck from a local company. They have been popping up at home shows near me. Quality appears to be average at best. Price wise they are wY overpriced

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 04:44:33 pm »
Cheap entry level hot tub.  They don't have local dealer support and have popped up with hired sales guns in my area as well. 

Sam

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 12:26:43 pm »
Their covers can warp and bubble.  If you read the fine print of their warranty, it specifically says that cover warping is only covered at the time of delivery.  They added those big clamps to try to prevent the warping.  Also, the plastic cover arms are weak and break a lot.  Those are not covered beyond 90 days.  You can't even find a copy of their warranty online anywhere.  They used to have it up and we would point people to read it when they were looking at those.  Now you can't find it anywhere. 

Bottom line, they are a shady company that does not warranty their covers that warp.  They are waaay overpriced for what they are.  They use dishonest sales tactics.  They usually don't have good support after the sale.  I recommend making them show you a copy of the warranty and post it here for everyone to see. 

If you want that kind of hot tub and cover maybe check out Tuff Spas.  Have heard good things about them.

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 01:13:38 pm »
To piggyback on Sam- Tuff Spas is the way to go if you are looking for a solid cover.  Theirs is the lightest in the industry and has a better site line that Strong Spas. It has a 500lb weight capacity per side and a lifetime warranty.  The cover is made out of the same roto-mold material as the spa and will not take on water.  They use Balboa controls and Waterway jets and motors.  As a dealer I have had very good feedback and the company is very prompt with service and warranty work. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 01:13:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42