What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Another newbie looking for suggestions  (Read 3983 times)

Shuribob

Another newbie looking for suggestions
« on: June 22, 2016, 11:19:33 pm »
Hello all,

I am looking to make a purchase soon and have settled on a Sunrisespas Paragon series essence model from a long established local dealer. I owned a spa about ten years ago and it probably lasted for 8 years but I had to replace pumps and heater a few times. I had no local repair for the bargain unit I bought and wished I had spent a few thousand more for the convenience of the local store. This unit is quoted at $10,748 delivered and includes additional options of a BWA wi-fi module, UV sanitizer system and micro silk hydrotherapy addition. The standard no cost upgrades were pretty nice, such as led waterfalls, perimeter lighting, separate circulation pump, BBA audio system, Bluetooth and separate Ozonater. I guess I'm looking for advice or experienced individuals to tell me I'm getting a decent deal. The unit is a 6 person with lounger 90x90x38. Thoughts or comments please?

Hot Tub Forum

Another newbie looking for suggestions
« on: June 22, 2016, 11:19:33 pm »

Shuribob

Re: Another newbie looking for suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 01:08:46 am »
Bump

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 02:35:42 pm »
I don't think many know much about sunrise spas. Smaller company with a smaller dealer base

Canspa

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 04:30:06 am »

Sam

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 03:40:10 pm »
For that price you could find much better hot tubs from much more reputable manufacturers, imo.  $10k gives you some fantastic options.  I definitely would not spend that much on a Sunrise spa.

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 08:49:30 pm »
I was a Sunrise dealer from 2011-2014 before we switch over to Marquis.  Not really sure where to place Sunrise.  I personally cannot justify spending a premium dollar on a brand/company that is not premium.  Generally speaking, we did not have many issues with Sunrise.  We only carried what is now the Signature series and the Sunlite series.  Company support was ok, nothing bad, but nothing good.  They basically have one person, or point of contact for service and if she is not available, there is no one to help with tech support.

What I liked about them when we carried them was that they used the Balboa BP controls, Sunstar covers, and Balboa(Sta-Rite) and Waterway pumps, basically pretty good to good quality components that should always be readily available. 

My concerns about the Paragon series would be the "Insulated Eternalwood Cabinets".  The ones we had with those warped pretty badly and I'm in Wisconsin, FWIW.  The original version of the touch screen controls were not the most reliable, but I haven't seen what Balboa has done with them over the last 3 years.

If I were you I would pass on the wifi and the UV.  I noticed no difference with UV and the bulb has to be replaced every 18-24 months.  There is enough negative info on the reliability of the wifi module.

The Paragon series was priced at a premium so I'm guessing that the price you were quoted is fair, but keep in mind I haven't seen pricing since 2013.  Again, as Sam said, I think there are many other premium manufacturers I would look at first before Sunrise.  However, you have to factor in the dealer and how comfortable you are in the spa.  Do you have other local options in terms of brands and dealers?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 08:49:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42